A few quick noobie questions, please

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

A few quick noobie questions, please

Postby Phaethon » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:30 pm

This is my first play through, btw. I have played Bethesda games extensively so I don't feel like a complete noobie here, since this game is very similar. After getting my alchemy high enough (at level 1) to make permanent potions and sifting through some of the threads in the guides section I just have a few quick questions...

What I am trying to do early in the game is run to and mark the major towns so I can gamble and buy stuff more easily, have access to the best trainers, etc.

1. What is the best way to boost my defense with enchantments? Should I add "Fortify AC" or "Fortify Skill" (Heavy or Light Armor) for more defense?

2. In some old guides people were holding onto skill books (I assume to use them near the cap to boost skills higher than leveling could get them) but now in the updated game the skill cap (correct me if I'm wrong) is like... 500? When should I use skill books?

3. What is the level cap?

4. I am playing a full mage so what would be the best armor to wear, heavy or light (strength or dexterity)? I am guessing strength maybe, because it should raise my carry weight also?

5. (Edit) Do I need to start putting points in Endurance right away at level 2 to maximize HP or do points in that attribute only add a set amount per point?

Thanks in advance for any feedback it's greatly appreciated!
Phaethon

Re: A few quick noobie questions, please

Postby Prickett » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:50 pm

I can’t answer all your questions, but yes, the skill cap is 500 now, so feel free to read skill books as soon as you find them. I don’t think there is a hard cap on levels. If there is, it’s very high and unlikely you’ll hit it.
Prickett

Re: A few quick noobie questions, please

Postby Prickett » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:17 am

Also, light armor generally has more enchant storage than heavy, so you might consider wearing this as a mage.

To see if AC enchant or armor skill enchant is better, save right before you enchant, put everything into armor skill, and see how much your total AC changes in armor screen. Then compare that to the amount of AC you can put in the piece. This same method will work for other enchants too, like INT vs Attack magic skill.
Prickett

Return to General Discussion