Grinding?

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Grinding?

Postby ALostNoob » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi All,

Just discovered this game and loving it so far, except I’m now a bit stuck. I’ve completed all quests available to me in and around Matras with the exception of the Orc quest. The problem is the enemies in that area, and in fact any area on the way to the next city are impossible for me to beat. I’m level 6, and surrounded by Orc Chieftains. My magic and weapons do next to no damage. I’ve also collected every herb and burned through most of my mana/health pots.

I seem a bit stuck. There’s no way for me to grind since enemies don’t respawn, and I can’t craft more potions. How am I meant to get through this area? I’ve got the best armour and weapons available to me, but they simply out damage me every time.

Also, I’ve seen people raising their alchemy skill at level 1 to craft better potions. How is this possible? The only way to improve skills is the trainers (already maxed) and books (only two available at this point)? Other than that, you have to gain levels to gain skill points?
ALostNoob

Re: Grinding?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:19 am

If you don't enter an area for at least a week in game time, monsters and non-permanent containers will respawn. So you could grind on monsters indefinitely.

However the game wasn't designed for that. There are enough appropriately levelled opponents to reach higher levels comfortably. In your case it seems you went too far south. ;) Follow the road and you should reach Vastares where you'll find many level appropriate quests.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Grinding?

Postby ALostNoob » Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:32 pm

Hmm, interesting. I’m completely out of appropriately levelled monsters and am getting stomped by Orc Shamans and Chietains at the Pagoda, Lake of Brendan, and Way of Wanderers. Haven’t even made it as far south as Vastares. They’re knocking a third of my health with every hit. Every other monster north of that has been killed so I guess I’ll have to try resting for seven days until they don’t kill me in a few hits and I can carry on with the game.
ALostNoob

Return to General Discussion