Potion questions

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Potion questions

Postby KGold » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:01 am

Funny how after so many years of playing this game, there's still stuff I don't know about :lol:

It just came to me that Poison potions have always been pretty useless for me. They just poison me if I chug one and have no beneficial effects. However, in the editor I discovered there's a short description for every potion (which I guess never made it to the actual game). The description for the Poison potion reads: "This evil green liquid can poison an opponent". As far as I know, there's no hard code for giving potions to opponents during combat. The question is then: can this potion be used for something other than just poisoning the PC?

I'm a bit lost about the Dispel potion, too. According to its description it "dispels active magic effects", but it doesn't cure poison, paralysis or diseases. It only removes curse. Are there any other effects?

Last one, Fortify mana potion. I just never used it, I guess. :) What does it do exactly?

Thanks for any help!
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Re: Potion questions

Postby Prickett » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:37 am

Great question about poison, I always just sold those potions lol.

I think fortify mana would increase your maximum mana, just like being well rested at an inn.
Prickett

Postby KGold » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Prickett wrote:Great question about poison, I always just sold those potions lol.

I think fortify mana would increase your maximum mana, just like being well rested at an inn.

Yup, the only use I've found for Poison potions is to brew them manually and sell them. Handy if you need a bit of extra money, but at the same time, you could be wasting plants you use to make healing potions from.

Resting at an inn doesn't increase your max SP, just recharges it. But you could be right, Fortify mana might do just that. Will try next time I'm playing.

Anything about DIspel? :lol:
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby Prickett » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 pm

Dispel is still a mystery to me. Maybe Elendil or Sylon will weigh in :)
Prickett

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:18 am

From a cursory glance, dispel should remove all fortify and resist effects and also feather, curse and paralysis.

At least that's what's in the code. Sorry I don't really have time to look into it more. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion