Abandoned Mine, lost XP retrieval question

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Abandoned Mine, lost XP retrieval question

Postby Aeryn Sun » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:13 pm

Hi all, I am in the abandoned mine in an area with ancient shamans, I think, that hit with skulls and take XP away but apparently I can get those points back, How do I do that? Also, this level is one tough bugger, any suggestions on how best to beat it? I think I can with the equipment and potions, but these ancients ataf!
Aeryn Sun

Re: Abandoned Mine, lost XP retrieval question

Postby Ezdra » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:10 am

You can retrieve lost xp in almost any expansion (not sure if there's a way in the official one). There are mirrors, spheres, etc. that return lost xp usually in starter areas.
Abandoned mine is just a monster camp with one big boss and treasure. It's a completely optional area.
Ezdra

Postby Aeryn Sun » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:12 am

Ezdra wrote:You can retrieve lost xp in almost any expansion (not sure if there's a way in the official one). There are mirrors, spheres, etc. that return lost xp usually in starter areas.
Abandoned mine is just a monster camp with one big boss and treasure. It's a completely optional area.

Thanks!
Aeryn Sun

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:12 am

There is no direct way to retreive lost experience in the base game (or in Islands of Ice and Fire) but you can kill monsters and get more xp.

If you run out of convenient areas to explore, you can wait one week in game time (for example in an inn) and any areas you've visited will be repopulated with monsters.

Though if you hadn't lost too much, you can probably just continue, there is more than enough experience to reach high enough levels to finish the main game comfortably. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Aeryn Sun » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:32 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:There is no direct way to retreive lost experience in the base game (or in Islands of Ice and Fire) but you can kill monsters and get more xp.

If you run out of convenient areas to explore, you can wait one week in game time (for example in an inn) and any areas you've visited will be repopulated with monsters.

Though if you hadn't lost too much, you can probably just continue, there is more than enough experience to reach high enough levels to finish the main game comfortably. ;)

Thanks, much appreciated! Will need to go back in the Abandoned Mine to retrieve the key and unlock the door to the other dimension!
Aeryn Sun

Return to General Discussion