Spider Webs

This forum is for getting help and discussing the main game.

Spider Webs

Postby ThatGuy1 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Erm, how do you get through spider webs blocking dungeon corridors?
ThatGuy1

Re: Spider Webs

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:39 am

Whack them with your weapon -- unless someone coded them to be tapped. So whack and if that doesn't work tap and of course Argimon likes spells so basically---you have some choices. : )
Catacomber

Postby Korgan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Hi,
I'm at level 10 and for whatever reason, I'm unable to cut the damn spider webs, everywhere: at the Abandonned Mine, at the cimetery of Matras, everywhere ! I've tried everything, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, my sword, but I cannot cut them. Please, do someone have an idea to help me ?
Korgan

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:21 am

They are removed by clicking/tapping on them. Hitting them with your weapon should also work.

What platform are you on (PC/iOS/Android)? What version (it's shown on the main menu)? And finally, can you send us a save? (Save locations.) Thanks!
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Korgan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi,

I didn't expect that someone would reply that fast. Thank's. I'm playing on my PC. Windows 10 version. I've tried everything; Burning Hand, Lightning Bolt, Fireball, to cut hit with my sword, my magical staff, nothing working. When you say "can you send us a save location, do you mean to send you a print screen ?
Korgan

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 am

I mean please send us a save file. The "save locations" in my previous post is a link to information on where to find your saves.

In any case it's very strange. You should be able to remove webs by attacking (left shift by default on the keyboard).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Korgan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Sorry, i'm no computer expert and I don't know where to find the link to information on where to find my saves. I thought that my saves game where manage by Steam. Anyhow, I'm willing to give you my user ID and my password in Steam for you to be able to see for yourself the problem I have with the spider web. But since I don't want all the world to know these informations, I was wondering if we could work confidentialy with our my private email ? And before all, I want to know if you can help me, maybe by installing a patch or something ?

What I forgot to tell you is that, when I'm in front of a spider web, my sword dont even react when I give the order of cut it, as if the system don't even understand that it's there !

Thanks.
Korgan

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:56 am

Please send us a save file. I won't log into your account, that wouldn't be the solution.

(I've provided a link to the information, you should've clicked on it. Like any other link to any other webpage, for example the link to this topic. ;))

In any case, I'll write out how to do it. On both the "Save game" and "Load game" screens, there is an "Open folder" button. Click it (doesn't matter which screen you use). It should open the save game folder in windows explorer. Open your email program and write an email to us (redshift@redshift.hu). Than drag-and-drop one or more save file from the save folder into the mail. Save0 is the autosave, which is enough if you were standing in front of the web when you exited the game. Then send us the mail. Thanks!

(Maybe you can't drag-and-drop everywhere in the new mail window, for example I use Thunderbird and it only accepts drag-and-drop in the top part, not in the bottom part where the body of the email goes. But it should work with any Windows email program.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Spider Webs

Postby Painted Lady » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:32 pm

I am running The Quest under iOS and am having a problem with Spider Webs. My sword doesn't do anything when I try to attack a web. This is in the Marisol's Mirror quest. Also, the instructions for sending a save file are not applicable for iOS because the buttons being referenced do not exist.
Painted Lady

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:39 am

So you have tapped the icon with the battle axe (the attack icon) right in front of the spider web and it didn't work? It should really work. Get as close as possible to the spider web (moving might be interrupted by the bats also moving, you'll be in combat because they are close), face it, and touch the button. The attack animation should play and the spider web cut.

If you still have problems, please try and restart the game (home button, then bring up the recently used apps (double tap the home button), flick off screen The Quest, the start it again). Also, does the attack work elsewhere? If everything fails, I'd like to see your save, yes. On iOS you'll need to use iTunes File Sharing to copy your saves to your computer first, before you can email them to us. The save files have ".save" extension and the autosave is "Save0.save".
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Painted Lady » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:So you have tapped the icon with the battle axe (the attack icon) right in front of the spider web and it didn't work? It should really work. Get as close as possible to the spider web (moving might be interrupted by the bats also moving, you'll be in combat because they are close), face it, and touch the button. The attack animation should play and the spider web cut.

If you still have problems, please try and restart the game (home button, then bring up the recently used apps (double tap the home button), flick off screen The Quest, the start it again). Also, does the attack work elsewhere? If everything fails, I'd like to see your save, yes. On iOS you'll need to use iTunes File Sharing to copy your saves to your computer first, before you can email them to us. The save files have ".save" extension and the autosave is "Save0.save".

I had the problem with the spider webs so decided to start fresh. I deleted the game from my iPad. I then downloaded it anew from the App Store. I started a game, said hi to Bryn, turned and walked to the tree. Entered the tree cavity, killed a bat with my sword, spoke to Marisol and walked to the spider web. I can see two bats on the other side of the web. I cannot attack the web - nothing happens.

The save file is on it's way.
Painted Lady

Return to General Discussion