Iron Knob Mines

Forum for discussing Cursed Chess Set.

Iron Knob Mines

Postby Carbonix » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Hello everyone can anyone help me with this one? I'm through all this where you have to open a gate made my way through the green wall where you have to flick off the switches in the right order and now I'm right before the three switches which to change would teleport you in another maze of switches that are all around you. Help urgently needed as I think this is the way to get to the Iron Moth and therefore also to the Grey Hooded Wizard...
Carbonix

Re: Iron Knob Mines

Postby Aftershox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:32 am

I was just at this part what i ended up doing is pointing North, and keep flipping the north switch, then after it says magical sound or a notice, turn south and use that till you get to new area
Aftershox

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Aftershox wrote:I was just at this part what i ended up doing is pointing North, and keep flipping the north switch, then after it says magical sound or a notice, turn south and use that till you get to new area

Aftershock is right. There is an old miners log that gives a clue for this. Problem is that I don't know how to reverse the process to get back to hallway I first came from.
ChouDoufu

Postby Unknown_Z » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:42 pm

ChouDoufu wrote:
Aftershox wrote:I was just at this part what i ended up doing is pointing North, and keep flipping the north switch, then after it says magical sound or a notice, turn south
and use that till you get to new area

Aftershock is right. There is an old miners log that gives a clue for this. Problem is that I don't know how to reverse the process to get back to hallway I first came from.

When you get to the iron moth, killing it or not, a Passage opens up, leading to the exit.
Unknown_Z

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Unknown_Z wrote:
ChouDoufu wrote:
Aftershox wrote:I was just at this part what i ended up doing is pointing North, and keep flipping the north switch, then after it says magical sound or a notice, turn south
and use that till you get to new area

When you get to the iron moth, killing it or not, a Passage opens up, leading to the exit.

I can't get to the iron moth. I am stuck at the green door. I found the disarm book but even after reading it I can't disarm. No disarm or lock speeds work. I read elsewhere that there should be a key in cracks near a spike trap but I've looked up and down the hallway and have not found it. I hope the key is not on the other side of the teleport rooms as there seems to be now way to go back. The keys given to me by the blacksmith do not work.

Further on down ther seems to be a large room bit entrance is blocked by a large pillar. I can't teleport out of this area and am ready to just go to an earlier save point.
ChouDoufu

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Sorry, I mean GOLD door.
ChouDoufu

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Okay. I figured out how to get past the pillar. Some hope that I may yet find a key for the gold door.
ChouDoufu

Postby Unknown_Z » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:18 pm

ChouDoufu wrote:Okay. I figured out how to get past the pillar. Some hope that I may yet find a key for the gold door.
you will at a crack I think? If I'm wrong I believe it was at the dead end part... Could be wrong...
Unknown_Z

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 pm

I've completed the kill iron guards quest and ordered armoire from the blacksmith, but I hav still not figured out how to open the gold door. I also have not encountered any moths in the mine, so I'm not sure what others are referring to when they mention it. I'm assuming that the moth is behind the gold door. Can someone please help me out? AFAIK, I have checked every crack in the mines. I've almost exhausted my healing potions running around the mine and over the floor spike traps looking for the dang key. I've also depleted my cure plague potions tryin to disarm the door and pick the lock. I have 55 level disarm and had scrolls and wands and nothing is working. Either the key or a very high level of disarm and lock pick are needed. At least I can walk out of the min for now and focus on other quests.
ChouDoufu

Postby ChouDoufu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Unknown_Z wrote:
ChouDoufu wrote:Okay. I figured out how to get past the pillar. Some hope that I may yet find a key for the gold door.
you will at a crack I think? If I'm wrong I believe it was at the dead end part... Could be wrong...

I've tried every crack I think. I Mia be missing one but I was running out of healing potions. I'll try again at some other point. Hopefully someone will be able to poin me to the exact spot. I normally like to figure things out on my own, but this was getting very frustrating. I'll try again when I return to pick up my armour from the blacksmith.
ChouDoufu

Postby Unknown_Z » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:11 pm

ChouDoufu wrote:
Unknown_Z wrote:
ChouDoufu wrote:Okay. I figured out how to get past the pillar. Some hope
that I may yet find a key for the gold door.

I've tried every crack I think. I Mia be missing one but I was running out of healing potions. I'll try again at some other point. Hopefully someone will be able to poin me to the exact spot. I normally like to figure things out on my own, but this was getting very frustrating. I'll try again when I return to pick up my armour from the blacksmith.

Alright I have not killed the iron guards and I got to moth, the moth IS bride the door. If your evil it attacks you :/ . Try the pillars? May be in that area
Unknown_Z

Postby Kyanan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:27 am

Write "the quest cursed chess set iron knob mines"on safari and you'll find Michele's guide at catacomber.
Kyanan

Postby ChouDoufu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Kyanan wrote:Write "the quest cursed chess set iron knob mines"on safari and you'll find Michele's guide at catacomber.

Thanks. Now I'm wondering if I haven't screwed up. I did this out of order. I remember seeing a crack earlier and I tapped on it, but I guess not enough. After stepping on the plate the mine reconfigured itself and now I cAnnot find the crack anywhere. I've been thought the mine many times, checking EvERY section of wall, especially near the spike traps. If the crack should still be there after stepping on the floor plate switch I think I need a screen shot of where it is. If I understand the importance of the iron moth, I won't be able to complete this expansion without getting pas the gold door.

Is there anyway to open the door without the key? Can I level up my disarm and lock pick enough to disarm and pick the lock without the key?
ChouDoufu

Postby ChouDoufu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:45 pm

So reading the walkthrough linked above and looking at my map I see that a small one-square room is to the north-west of the gold door and just one pace north of a spike trap. Is this where the key was supposed to be? There is no key in it and I don't have the key.
ChouDoufu

Postby ChouDoufu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Ooooooh! I found it! Tricky. Hint-tap on walls with no cracks or different colors. Do folks actually figure this out without hints? In cursed chess set you really need to tap EVERYTHING. whew! What a relief!
ChouDoufu

Postby Unknown_Z » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:02 am

ChouDoufu wrote:Ooooooh! I found it! Tricky. Hint-tap on walls with no cracks or different colors. Do folks actually figure this out without hints? In cursed chess
set you really need to tap EVERYTHING. whew! What a relief!

Lulz... Remember the tutorial dungeon thing? The moth told you!!!
Unknown_Z

Return to Cursed Chess Set