General Question XP

Forum for discussing Cursed Chess Set.

General Question XP

Postby Loox » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm new at The Quest. Have begun The Chess Set expansion.

My question is how this fits into the main game experience point wise. Does doing this expansion first with my new character result in an OP charachter for the main quest?

Does the expansion give me a little XP to increase some of my lower attribute points? Does it provide some OP gear? I'm confused.

I wouldn't mind a tiny, well-earned boost at the beginning of the game but I certainly don't want some OP items that I'd be tempted to use and as a result ruin the challenge of the game.

Any insights out there?

Thank you
Loox

Re: General Question XP

Postby DeMenchev » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Yup, you'll end up with an OP character for the main game and some other expansions and also with tons of gold which you can later use to improve any skills you like. Don't worry about it though, if you play and enjoy this expansion, just start a new game when you finish it to play the base game. Boost: you'll get much better at the game and won't get lost as much. You can use the save that you're going to complete CCS with to play some of the harder expansions and go through the medium-level ones with the other save, as there many powerful items in Cursed Chess Set that are OP in Freymore, Elemental Asteroids, Isles of Ice&Fire and Celtic Rift and can be useful in high-level expansions.
You can also start with the main game now and play CCS later (after you finish Freymore, the xp you gain there will serve as a boost for CCS, but you won't get OP for it. I recommend this path ;) )
The choice is yours. I hope it wasn't too confusing. Have fun! :)
DeMenchev

Re: General Question XP

Postby Loox » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks so much for that. It's exactly what I wanted to know. I like your suggestion to do the main game first.

Even story wise I am sure the sorry is more mature than The Cursed Chess Set, too.
Loox

Return to Cursed Chess Set