Light the lights

Forum for discussing Celtic Rift.

Light the lights

Postby abstep15 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 am

I have talked to vendan, got the jewel from the boat at albion village, killed both milesians & lit all 9 lights but vendan won't clear the quest. Any hints
abstep15

Re: Light the lights

Postby grantrob202 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 am

abstep15 wrote:I have talked to vendan, got the jewel from the boat at albion village, killed both milesians & lit all 9 lights but vendan won't clear the quest. Any hints

Yes - I have the same problem. I only found 2 Milesians to fight inside Albion village. Am I missing something or is the a hidden hideout that I can’t find?
grantrob202

Postby Threep » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:35 am

"killed both milesians" you have to kill them all. Find the rest of them - start seeking near boat then serch larger area - I've found the crstal, then want to go, and then have found the rest of them. If I good remember.
Threep

Postby Catacomber » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:21 pm

There are only two Milesians and Vendan checks whether you killed them both and lit at least 4 lights. There isn't anything wrong with him so there isn't anything I can do to help, unfortunately.
Catacomber

Postby Eekeeseevee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 am

I cannot remember where Vendan is hanging out.
Eekeeseevee

Postby Catacomber » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:43 am

Cave of the Dana. You get there from Temple of Nodens. You get to the Temple of Nodens from Land of the Ever Living.
Catacomber

Postby dreaders » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:53 am

Same problem. I think this may be something to do with if you kill the Milesians more than 7 days ago. Can't keep track of all the teleported locations and quest givers so it was a while before I went back. Lit every light, just keeps repeating the same thing 'you have to kill the Milesians.' So now I've got a stuck quest :(
dreaders

Postby Catacomber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:30 pm

This isn't really something I can help with except to go back to an earlier save file. I've tested this many times and everything works as it should.
Catacomber

Postby dreaders » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks Cat.

Have you tried killing the Milesians then waiting 7 days so a 'respawn' happens, then trying to turn it in? I know it's not being updated any more, but at least would confirm the bug.

EDIT - can I just check if there's a way to manually FAIL a quest? Otherwise it's stuck there.

Thanks
dreaders

Postby Catacomber » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 am

I did this quest just now after sleeping more than 7 days and it worked fine. Did you actually light all four lights? He says, in addition to saying you need to kill the Mileasians--"find the great jewel we need to make our tower the bright world it should be. Find the jewel and light our chandeliers. " When you light each candle you get a message, "You reach up to light the chandelier with the glowing gem."

Are you sure you killed both Milesians near the Village of Albion?

I can't do anything to let you fail a quest manually. Redshift would have to revamp the game and they're busy with the Quest II.
Catacomber

Postby dreaders » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:37 am

Hey thanks

Yeah lit many of the lights (right there in the room with him right?) and definitely killed them. I had left the pit alone so just went and did that but now thats not letting me hand in reanimator either which ive done on other saves. So maybe something gets messed up with detecting kills then thats corrupted my save. Thanks for checking into it. Pit wont let me get on the appeals quest without completing reanimator so youre right I think its return to earlier saves.

Despite having lots of saves i suspect as i trawl back and test them im going to be looking at redoing a huge swathe. Im on android or Id debug savestate to look for which triggers arent flicking as they should.
dreaders

Postby Catacomber » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:44 am

I hope you get through.
Catacomber

Postby kohlrak » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:04 pm

dreaders wrote:Hey thanks

Yeah lit many of the lights (right there in the room with him right?) and definitely killed them. I had left the pit alone so just went and did that but now thats not letting me hand in reanimator either which ive done on other saves. So maybe something gets messed up with detecting kills then thats corrupted my save. Thanks for checking into it. Pit wont let me get on the appeals quest without completing reanimator so youre right I think its return to earlier saves.

Despite having lots of saves i suspect as i trawl back and test them im going to be looking at redoing a huge swathe. Im on android or Id debug savestate to look for which triggers arent flicking as they should.

I got the same bug. I'm suspecting it results from finding the necromancer before killing the skeletons. I'm detecting something in the north-west corner, too.

If you want to mess with save files on android, vim and xxd are avaiable via Termux. Saves are in /sdcard/Android/data/hu.redshift.* Do you have any docs on the format?
kohlrak

Postby Catacomber » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 am

The quest giver just checks whether you killed both Milesians and lit the four lights. But it's always been a problem because it checks globals. If you have too many quest expansions enabled, globals get fuzzy.

I try not to mess with save files because I really wouldn't know what I'm doing but thanks a lot for mentioning that. Maybe someday.

I don't even have the Quest for Android. I currently use Steam only. Elendil handles Android and Ios so I don't have to.
Catacomber

Return to Celtic Rift