Effects Stacking and Disease Effects.

Forum for discussing Lost Archipelagos.

Effects Stacking and Disease Effects.

Postby Gary120a21 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 am

If I take a sword and enchant it with a effect like "Drain HP" and I add the same effect again, making two "Drain HP" effects, will it double the effect or make it as twice as likely to drain HP? Second, can anyone tell me the effects of the various diseases in this game? Please and thank you.
Gary120a21

Re: Effects Stacking and Disease Effects.

Postby Druid » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 pm

You can find disease effects if you look in your character screen. Yes, I believe double enchanting an effect will cause it to do extra draining. I have a heavy sword with drain sp on it twice. I drain between 100-170ish mana per swing. It saves me a lot on mana potions.
Druid

Postby Gary120a21 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Is there a list for it, though? I'd like to know the effect of the most dire diseases if I'm going to enchant my weapon with it...granted, I haven't got the diseases on my character myself, so I can't check what effects the diseases do. Anything else?
Gary120a21

Postby Druid » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am

Okay, these are your BASIC things you'll have to deal with/can put on a weapon.
Curse-lowers level temporarily
Paralyze- duh
Wartt- decreases strength until cured
Plague- decreases strength a LOT, endurance and dexterity.
Poison- small amount of damage per turn
Drain hp- steals a portion of target's health and adds to the user
Drain sp- steals mana/ gives to user.

I know for a fact that drain effects DO stack, and I know you can be afflicted with any or ALL of the semi-permenant diseases and effects at the same time, but I do NOT think they will stack multiples of one effect. My personal opinion is to skip everything but paralyze and drain hp/sp. if you are fighting it, you should be able to kill it faster than infecting it with poison or plague. Just my two cents. Hope this helped.
Druid

Return to Lost Archipelagos