A Dumb Question? Maybe?

This forum is for discussing anything related to Legacy.

A Dumb Question? Maybe?

Postby Xionus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 am

This may sound dumb but what is The Legacy? I'm 14 so I don't really think I've ever heard of it. From what I've seen on this forum I'm guessing it's an older version of The Quest. Can anyone tell me?
Xionus

Re: A Dumb Question? Maybe?

Postby Jamie990 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:57 am

It is kind of an older version of the quest.

Redshift made a party base multi player called legacy. But it was very different from the quest I have heard yet some aspects are similar... its hard to explain.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:45 am

Legacy was made back in 2003 as an oldschool type Role Playing Game. It's the second chapter in the series, Dragonfire was the first and The Quest is the third. So it's a different game, not The Quest's another version. : ) It was made for the PDA devices like Palm or Pocket PC. Here you can read more about it:

http://www.redshift.hu/legacypalm.htm

You can read some reviews there too. It was a cool game back in 2003 and won some awards too. It had a level editor and many fanmade expansion packs with a large online community just like The Quest has now. Of course now I would redraw everything to a better shape (back then I had a cheap, old monitor with bad colors and brightness on its screen : ) but we plan no new release because its programmer left us long ago.

BTW, Dragonfire was our very first game back in 2001, it's a little, short Diablo-like game with some RPG elements. Only the story was loosely connected to Legacy or The Quest. It was made within four-five weeks for the Symbian-based devices like the Nokia 9200.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am

One thing I have to say, awsome to see the legacy monsters being ised in the zarista expansion celtic rift :) At least some of the stuff got a new life.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Return to Legacy