Land of Despair by Andreas Stürmer

This forum is for discussing anything related to Legacy.

Land of Despair by Andreas Stürmer

Postby Geering » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can purchase the Land of Despair by Andreas Stürmer expansion, or how can I contact the author?

It's the only expansion that I'm missing for Legacy.

Thank you for any help provided.
Geering

Re: Land of Despair by Andreas Stürmer

Postby DeMenchev » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:05 pm

I don't have it and I'm interested too.

Btw, have you finished most/all of the expansions? As well as the Dragonbuilders? It's amazing how much they outdo the base game (except not in difficulty, of course).
DeMenchev

Re: Land of Despair by Andreas Stürmer

Postby Geering » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:30 pm

I have finished most of the semi-official expansions, yes. By semi-official, I mean the ones that were being sold and/or featured on Redshift's page. I'm not sure I know what the Dragonbuilders are, though.

To be bluntly honest, I wouldn't say that story was ever a strong point in Redshift's games. It was good enough to keep you invested for the game's duration & frankly, that's more than enough, when you take into account you're playing a mobile game.

What Redshift excels at is the art direction - very original & identifiable. When I started playing Legacy a few months after finishing Dragonfire, I recognized everything instantly - the game rules/mechanics & the item system.

Those three things are so strong that virtually any game made using their engine is guaranteed to be, at the very least, entertaining. You'd have to be monumentally clumsy to screw up using the tools Redshift provided.

And I'm not taking anything away from the people who made the expansions, because I do agree with you that some of them were quite inspired. I particularly remember the Legend I & II being very good, but I am now playing through the whole thing again, so I will have my memory refreshed on that topic soon enough.
Geering

Return to Legacy