Some Legacy Questions

This forum is for discussing anything related to Legacy.

Some Legacy Questions

Postby Randomdays » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:04 am

When I bought my Zodiac 2 years ago when it was on the way out, it came with 4 free games, including the Zpak Adventure game set.

1)The Zpak version is 1.04. Is there anyway I can prove I bought it and get the 1.05 version without buying it again? Also, this version is optimized for the Zodiac and won't run on a normal palm. Does the 1.05 version have extra features for the zodiac or a seperate version?

2) The same question for the editor. Is there anyway to get this without buying the game again?
Randomdays

Re: Some Legacy Questions

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:05 pm

So you have Legacy 1.04? We never sold the game to any "adventure game set" for free so I don't know from where they got the full version, but never mind - if you want you can get the 1.05 version from us. Just download the game's shareware version from our site (www.redshift.hu) and send us your short username/hotsync ID from the registration screen so I can generate a new regcode for you.
If you want you can purchase its expansions too from us - in this case just write to me (sylon@redshift.hu).

1. Version 1.05 as far as I know is not optimized for Zodiac so probably it's useless for you to get it.

2. You can download its editor at any time from here:
http://www.redshift.hu/LegacyEditor.zip
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Randomdays » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Thank you.

The version of Legacy I have is this one;

https://www.amazon.com/TAPWAVE-Pak-Adventure-Zodiac-Palm-OS/dp/B0002H1NGQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469660148&sr=8-1&keywords=tapwave+zodiac+adventure+pak

It wouldn't have normally been free but Best Buy was trying to clear the shelves of the Zodiac, so I got this retail pak, as well as the retail Spyhunter, Doom 2 and Duke Nukem free when buying the unit.
Randomdays

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks for the info, we didn't know this adventure pack. Have fun with it!
Sylon / Redshift

Postby ljuvtliv » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:16 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Thanks for the info, we didn't know this adventure pack. Have fun with it!

Wouldnt that make it a copyright violation on their part?
ljuvtliv

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

I was not involved with sales (or with much of anything, really ;)) back then, so I don't know if Stewe did get an agreement about this or not. Though I certainly don't remember anything of the sort. So yes, it's probably illegal.

But it doesn't matter anymore. I don't think there are many sales of that Zodiac pack nowadays. :D
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Legacy