Legacy for PC Custom Steam images

This forum is for discussing anything related to Legacy.

Legacy for PC Custom Steam images

Postby SuperRegera » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I know that not many of us probably play Legacy anymore. I personally just got it myself after having enjoyed The Quest for years. I wanted to see what it was like and support the devs. So far I find the game pretty enjoyable, really kind of amazing what's possible on those old PDA devices. Anyways, since I'm playing the game on PC and also have Steam where I bought The Quest, I added Legacy to Steam as a non-Steam game. This works well enough but doesn't integrate well with the banners, library capsules and logos. So I made a custom set of Steam assets to use to help integrate Legacy into Steam. I think the results are pretty good, although I admit it's kind of a rush job and there wasn't much source material to work with. I hope Sylon and Elendil don't mind me doing this. I'll post screenshots of how they look here.

https://imgur.com/a/vW1s1q7

I think it would be ok to share these for private use but I'll ask for Sylon and Elendil's permission to be sure before I post a link to the assets themselves.
Feel the earth below
A soft bed to lie down on
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Re: Legacy for PC Custom Steam images

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:01 am

Personally I think it looks nice and don't have a problem with it if you make it clear that the original images are not yours and you are only making it available for this specific purpose.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby SuperRegera » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:12 am

This is a temporary link.

https://filebin.net/d3edm2znbjatt8wu

I've since edited my post and hosted the file in a more permanent fashion on a google drive. Anyone with the link can download the file. you will need 7zip to unzip the file. The program is free if you don't have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Plgbq ... sp=sharing

After you unzip the file, you will see 5 assets, you only need 4 of them. After you've added Legacy to Steam as a non-Steam game (done through the games tab at the top left) you can right-click over any blank asset you want to replace and Steam will give you the option to add custom artwork. For instance, hover over the library capsule photo and right click it, and you can replace the blank image with LegacyLibraryCapsule.jpg
There's one for the Hero Banner (visible when you view a game in your library), regular view, and a transparent logo you add to the Hero Banner in the same location. As a note, you don't need the non-transparent logo included, it's just there in case anyone wants to attempt a better editing job than I've done.

Let me know if you guys like it! I know not many people will see/use this but just in case there is anyone out there who does, I made this for you.

Just so everyone knows, I do not own the images provided in this file, the owners have given me permission to distribute this file for the sole purpose of end-user Steam integration. These files cannot be used outside of this limited context without obtaining the owners' permission.
Feel the earth below
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Postby DeMenchev » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 am

It's amazing how far the engine was pushed with The Dragonbuilders expansion. Have you played it? It's completely free, or "charityware", so there should be no problem with sharing it somewhere else as long as it's together with the readme file. It's worth buying Legacy for this game alone.
DeMenchev

Postby SuperRegera » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:15 am

It's amazing how far the engine was pushed with The Dragonbuilders expansion. Have you played it? It's completely free, or "charityware", so there should be no problem with sharing it somewhere else as long as it's together with the readme file. It's worth buying Legacy for this game alone.

No, I've never played it, although I suppose I would be interested to do so. Let me know if you have a link or something. Let me know what you think about the assets if you're at all interested. I'm probably going to do one for The Quest as well if people are likely to use them.
Feel the earth below
A sturdy defense
SuperRegera

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:59 am

If you could PM me your email, I would send you the expansion.
Or you could download it from here: http://www.mypalm.ru/soft/software.phtml?id=20616
It's legal to download from this site, paid full games aren't shared there.
Check it out, I'd recommend you use your most powerful party (just in case, because the story is great). You won't fight as much though, so play as you would prefer. The puzzles are very interesting in this game, you will have hints in places where you may not expect them, but there will be hints ;)
DeMenchev

Return to Legacy