Can anyone help with this problem

This forum is for discussing anything related to Legacy.

Can anyone help with this problem

Postby ll1728 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 am

Im having a problem with starting out. Is there any other way of getting the stats or character as your main character predestined to say a starting class i prefer. I want to use a class but i keep having problems with getting the one i want.

What i would like to know is if there is a mod or something that can allow you to pick your class?

Edit-Oh yeah and do the characters just follow a set way about their stats, or does leveling up work like quest where you get to assign stats. Ive yet to lvl up but im still a little lost, i read the review with info but is there a pdf with each classes strengths and weaknesses?

Thanks,

-Dave
"The problem with arguments on the internet is that you can't win, you will never know that person's location"
-Lucien Leblanc

"A whore, but with purpose....fascinating"
ll1728

Re: Can anyone help with this problem

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Dave - it's great to see somebody still plays with this classic. : )

You get a new character every time you start a new game. It's a random character from a collection, so try to start a new game many times until you find your favorite class. And of course when you arrive to inns, you can replace him/her and/or hire new characters from the class you need. (The characters at the inns are randomly changing from time to time too.)

As far as I remember the leveling up works like in The Quest so you can spend your bonus points to anything you want.

I hope you read this review because it's full of info about getting started:
http://www.redshift.hu/legacyreview/legacy.htm
Sylon / Redshift

Postby ll1728 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for that info.

I found the pdf which talks about party management. I am a little unsure as to what the difference is between the fighters however. In the pdf, it says you should never use the highlander or adventurer as they are useless and that you have to have 2 mages in the back. Is that pdf a powergamer's way of playing or is that the norm because frankly i was going to use a highlander and or adventurer.

I just want to know what in reality is different from the classes of fighters. If you can explain that, id be very grateful as i want to know who to team up with my adventurer.
"The problem with arguments on the internet is that you can't win, you will never know that person's location"
-Lucien Leblanc

ll1728

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:04 am

Use the classes you want, don't care about what that document says, it's just a review, a personal view of one of Legacy's betatesters.

As for the classes, here is what I found in one of our document about the game:

"The game has seven different character classes, most of them have advantages and disadvantages. Increasing the prominent attributes are recommended.
1. Adventurer: a balanced class, with no special advantages - but no disadvantages. This class can advance the easiest. No prominent attributes.
2. Knight: can wear and take advantage of shields, heavy armors and heavy weapons (mostly blades), and can cast some cure spells. Prominent attributes: strength, endurance.
3. Highlander: tough character, with large endurance and strength. Excells with heavy weapons. Prominent attributes: strength, endurance.
4. Swordmaster: excellent fighter when armed with swords, sabres and battle swords, but unskilled in using heavy weapons and in wearing heavy armors. Prominent attribute: dexterity.
5. Mage: feeble character who is very unskilled in using armors, weapons and shields, but can cast any kind of spells. This class can advance the hardest. Prominent attribute: intelligence.
6. Cleric: somewhat stronger than the mage, can use light weapons, armors, and skilled in using maces and hammers. Can cast party and cure spells. Prominent attributes: intelligence, endurance.
7. Battlemage: somewhat stronger than the mage, can use light weapons, armors and weapons, but can cast only curse and attack spells. Prominent attribute: intelligence."

I hope it helps. : ) So the prominent attributes are the real difference. Of course different weapons and items needs different attributes to use them effectively. For example, if you want to wear/use a heavy armor/weapon with a mage class you can wield it with a penalty so it's not recommended to do that. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby ll1728 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I feel like a dick to ask this but for some reason I dont have legacy on my main pc. Whats more, my email that had with the message for the download of the full game of legacy is gone. Im sorry to ask but is there any possible way I can get legacy sent to my email-deathknight1728@gmail.com

Also, I know this is too many questions but will you guys ever consider beta testing. Id like to do it as Im aspiring to become a moderator in the gaming industry and any extra experience after my intern would be great!
-Lucien Leblanc

ll1728

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Just send an email to me (sylon at redshift dot hu) and I'll send you the download url again.

As for betatesting, of course, if you mean you wanna betatest our future games just ask at the address above and I'll keep you in mind when the time comes for testing. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Return to Legacy