Arvale

Post here about anything which is not about gameplay or the site.

Arvale

Postby DeMenchev » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:01 pm

Arvale is an RPG game series made by a privately held company based in Hungary. They've made a lot of high-quality Pocket PC games and were quite popular until the PDA market died. There used to be some of their best games in the App Store, but they couldn't maintain popularity for long and all of the iPhone ports were slowly removed (That's how I see it, and I may be missing something important)
Anyway, I find those games very interesting and fun. If you're into RPGs and playing old games on a PC, this may be for you. It can be hilarious sometimes, which can make it even more enjoyable if you're into that kind of humor ;)
You can download Arvale here (full, perfectly functional versions): http://pdamill.com/prod_pc.shtml and play it on a PC. Journey of Illusion runs in a small window and that's exactly how it looks like on Windows Mobile and Arvale II PC looks just like the iOS version.
Jaybot7 (pretty much all of the sounds in PDAmill games are his work, as far as I can see) made Arvale IV in RPG maker and you can buy it on Steam.
Enjoy :D
DeMenchev

Re: Arvale

Postby KGold » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm

DeMenchev wrote:Arvale is an RPG game series made by a privately held company based in Hungary. They've made a lot of high-quality Pocket PC games and were quite popular until the PDA market died. There used to be some of their best games in the App Store, but they couldn't maintain popularity for long and all of the iPhone ports were slowly removed (That's how I see it, and I may be missing something important)
Anyway, I find those games very interesting and fun. If you're into RPGs and playing old games on a PC, this may be for you. It can be hilarious sometimes, which can make it even more enjoyable if you're into that kind of humor ;)
You can download Arvale here (full, perfectly functional versions): http://pdamill.com/prod_pc.shtml and play it on a PC. Journey of Illusion runs in a small window and that's exactly how it looks like on Windows Mobile and Arvale II PC looks just like the iOS version.
Jaybot7 (pretty much all of the sounds in PDAmill games are his work, as far as I can see) made Arvale IV in RPG maker and you can buy it on Steam.
Enjoy :D

Well, both The Quest and Arvale are made by a Hungarian team and both are RPGs...And I love The Quest! So I'm giving Arvale a go as well, I've just downloaded the first part :)
Thanks for the game, I'll post my opinion tomorrow.
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby mixxer5 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Great, thanks for that! Just a shame there's no android version like for iOS few years ago.
mixxer5

Postby KGold » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Well, I needed a few minutes to get used to the size of the window, but then I realized that this game is fantastic! I really like its old-school style and especially its humor! :)
To all who's reading this, I recommend to try it out!
KGold

Postby DeMenchev » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:09 am

Yay! Glad you like it :D
DeMenchev

Postby KGold » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:04 pm

I've found your name in the game, DeMenchev
Did you participate in the making of the game? :)
KGold

Postby DeMenchev » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:04 pm

No, I often register with this nickname because it's rarely taken and I really like how it looks (not sure how to pronounce it though :lol: ). I contacted the PDAmill CEO for the first time last week. Here's his page: https://www.facebook.com/peter.balogh2 . You can write him in Hungarian. Ask him to port those games to modern smartphones or anything else. It might be something from too long ago for him to start working on right now, but maybe if we just kept asking he'd do it :)
You can also try to get in touch with Jason Surguine (Jaybot7). He composed the music for all of the PDAmill games, designed Arvale and wrote stories for it.
There are walkthroughs for both JoI and OoT on the PDAmill website. Use them if you get stuck and are not afraid of spoilers or just ask me - I'm always happy to discuss Arvale :mrgreen:
DeMenchev

Postby DeMenchev » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:57 pm

There's Arvale for Palm OS, and it's also free: http://www.pdamill.com/prod_palm.shtml
DeMenchev

Return to Off Topic