New Game

Post here about anything which is not about gameplay or the site.

New Game

Postby noobpod » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:39 am

About the card game you guys are developing. Can we have some more info please :)? I Wouk love some screenshots or basic information :) Thanks Redshift!
noobpod

Re: New Game

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, it's still too early to tell exact details about it or post proper screenshots, but I can tell a few things.
The graphics are done. The card game system itself is done. We are working now on a good, user-friendly interface, which is hard, mostly for the iPhone-like small screen resolutions. (Later you'll see why.) We also need to work on the graphic effects, sounds, and we need to build the game itself around the pure, 'naked' card game. This means mostly programming work because the design part (the story, the rules, the gameplay, etc.) is also done.
The very first beta testing of the 'naked' card game (where you can see only a table with the cards) will start when we can finish the user interface. We'll ask a few person from this forum too to help us in testing, of course.

About the game: there will be different decks of cards, just like in the built-in card game in Legacy or in The Quest. There will be four decks/fractions, each of them has around 25-30 own, unique card types - some of them are creatures, some of them are spells, actions, incantations, heroes etc. You have to build your own armies and defeat other players, which means you have to have good tactical/strategy sense. The game will have different options for playing - following a story, or just having a little fun at the table with a quick match, using only one deck to defeat the enemy or using a mixture of different decks to reach your goal. If you choose the story mode, you'll find yourself in a large city where you can go anywhere you want, playing at the inns, taverns, houses, even inside caverns, ships, castles, cemeteries or mage towers until you'll be strong enough to defeat the 'big boss' and win the game.

All in all, the first screenshots will come a few weeks later, then - again a few weeks later - the first beta testings will start. So hang on! : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:46 pm

That sounds fun! The AppStore has been lacking good card games for a while. Is the art gand drawn like the Quest?
noobpod

Postby Matías111 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Card games on motorcycles!!! (I bet that no one will get this reference)
Matías111

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Noobpod: yes, it's hand drawn. And better than The Quest. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:47 am

I loved the art for The Quest. The hand drawn aspect gave it a more home-like feel. Is the card game fantasy only or is it going to have any steampunk or sci-fi? (steampunk is evil by the way)

Matías: I get it. Yu Gi Oh :D
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 am

It's pure fantasy, because it takes place in the world of The Quest.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Druid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 am

Lol... Motorcycles. Been a while since I watched that.
Druid

Postby noobpod » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 am

Sylon / Redshift wrote:It's pure fantasy, because it takes place in the world of The Quest.

Ooh that's cool. Will you be getting into any lore in the game? For the cards will there be a small description of the creature on the cards?
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 am

Yep, the game has its own background and history which is integrated into the Quest's world. Of course all creatures will have their own descriptions.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby noobpod » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yep, the game has its own background and history which is integrated into the Quest's world. Of course all creatures will have their own descriptions.

That's great, I love getting into lore and history in video games. :) What iOS will the game need? (hopefully not more than 4.1)
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 pm

I can't tell exact details about that because I'm not the technician in Redshift, but I'm sure it will run on almost any devices...
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Matías111 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:16 pm

noobpod wrote:
Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yep, the game has its own background and history which is integrated into the Quest's world. Of course all creatures will have their own descriptions.

That's great, I love getting into lore and history in video games. :) What iOS will the game need? (hopefully not more than 4.1)

If you like more and history of games you should play Metroid prime, it's a great fps and you can scan objects to get info(like scanning a glyph on a wall gives you legends and stuff from the civilization)

And I'm surprised you got that reference xD

"Slypher the executive producer" xD

Littlekuriboh is awesome
Matías111

Postby noobpod » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:43 am

Sounds interesting, I'll have o check that game out.

I love getting into history and lore of video games and books. I know very much about Tamriel and other tales. ;)

Can't wait for this card game! Don't disappoint :p
noobpod

Postby noobpod » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 pm

I have another question. (sorry I know I'm asking a lot of them) Will the new game have a link to the forum? It would a nice way to get more people to the forum.
noobpod

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 am

Yes, of course, it will have a link to this place. This is Redshift's official forum so all of our games will have connections to it. So sad we made this forum so late, but we'll try to get more attention after we finish the new game. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Matías111 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:50 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Yes, of course, it will have a link to this place. This is Redshift's official forum so all of our games will have connections to it. So sad we made this forum so late, but we'll try to get more attention after we finish the new game. : )

There should be actual complete walkthroughs so new people don't ask "where is the thieves guild" every 3 days.
A photo sharing option would be helpful too
Matías111

Postby Druid » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 am

Screw the rules, I have money!
Druid

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Matias111: well, the "Guides" section in the forum is there for a reason - everybody can write guides there, even walkthroughs, or just a guide for the Thieves' Guild quest.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Matías111 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Matias111: well, the "Guides" section in the forum is there for a reason - everybody can write guides there, even walkthroughs, or just a guide for the Thieves' Guild quest.

Well I meant Guides like the playhaven ones. Speaking of playhaven, what happened? One day I was able to access them and the next, gone.
Matías111

Postby Matías111 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Druid wrote:Screw the rules, I have money!

Kaiba: "Screw money, I have rules! Wait what?"
Matías111

Postby Druid » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 am

Matías111 wrote:
Druid wrote:Screw the rules, I have money!

Kaiba: "Screw money, I have rules! Wait what?"

I actually have green hair right now, and I felt obligated to say "screw the rules I have green hair" at school. It was pretty hilarious to everybody who got it.
Druid

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Matias111: Playhaven's guides was written by players, just like the ones you can find here on this forum's Guides section.
Speaking of that site, Playhaven gone long ago (it stopped being a community site), but we have many of the guides from there. I just don't know what should I do with them - it would be too complicated to copy all of them here, one by one, copying all text with illustrations, etc. Also, we don't know their creators, all we have is just some nick names.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Matías111 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Sylon / Redshift wrote:Matias111: Playhaven's guides was written by players, just like the ones you can find here on this forum's Guides section.
Speaking of that site, Playhaven gone long ago (it stopped being a community site), but we have many of the guides from there. I just don't know what should I do with them - it would be too complicated to copy all of them here, one by one, copying all text with illustrations, etc. Also, we don't know their creators, all we have is just some nick names.

Oh I didnt know. Anyways if you give me the link to the guides that you do have I can copy and paste them onto these forums if you'd like
Matías111

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 pm

I'll see soon what can I do - right now I don't have time for getting them all in a shape which should be usable for sending or posting or whatever. It's a big-big mess.
Sylon / Redshift

Next

Return to Off Topic