The Quest Android / Surface Duo

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

The Quest Android / Surface Duo

Postby suicicoo » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:04 am

Hello there :)

i recently bought a Surface Duo and wanted to try "The Quest", but i get stuck on the "Sign in to Play Games" - I can't select yes or no (even tried a mouse)
I also reinstalled to avoid touch screen confusion before switching between landscape/portrait mode...
Best regards - Sui
suicicoo

Re: The Quest Android / Surface Duo

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:53 am

Hi! Sorry to hear that.

Can you tell me the Android version?

(Unfortunately it seems Android's AIP ("automatic integrity protection") is interfering with input, I'm in touch with Google on the issue but so far they couldn't reproduce it.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby suicicoo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:57 am

Hello Elendil,

thanks for the quick reply :)
It's Android 11, Kernel 4.14.190-duo-p-0_0_0+ Build 2022.519.29
suicicoo

Postby Vogon5 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:35 pm

Bump

Just wanted chime in. I have the exact same issue, but it's on a brand new Pixel 7 Pro. Downloaded the game through Play Pass since it's one of the only ones available that looks any good ;)

Android version: 13

Kernel version: 5.10.107-android13-4-00004-g6522bf85d262-ab8935228
#1 Thu Aug 11 01:17:17 UTC 2022

Build number: TD1A.220804.031
Vogon5

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:41 pm

There is apparently a new version of AIP available. I'll try and update The Quest to that. Hopefully it'll fix the issue!
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby suicicoo » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:09 am

It works now for me - I just did an update to the surface and it works.
Thanks!
suicicoo

Postby QinnShou » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:08 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:There is apparently a new version of AIP available. I'll try and update The Quest to that. Hopefully it'll fix the issue!

Hi Elendil,

The asteroids expansion downloaded from the play store had a similar issue when I launch it: the game freeze and I can't click on anything.

I figured that it would be the same issue as above, perhaps the devs forgot to update somehow. I'm running on pixel 7 with android 13 as well.

Other expansions I tried has no such issue (the quest, ice and fire, thor).

I bought the quest on iOS, Android, and steam. A total gem in the mobile games that are dominated by fast-food-style games these days. Keep up the great work! :)
QinnShou

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:34 pm

QinnShou wrote:The asteroids expansion downloaded from the play store had a similar issue when I launch it: the game freeze and I can't click on anything.

I've now updated all expansions to the latest build, all of them (including Asteroids) should be available in the Play Store (and work).

Btw. I'm the (one and only :D) technical developer. (Sylon is the artist: graphics/story.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby QinnShou » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:58 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:
QinnShou wrote:The asteroids expansion downloaded from the play store had a similar issue when I launch it: the game freeze and I can't click on anything.

I've now updated all expansions to the latest build, all of them (including Asteroids) should be available in the Play Store (and work).

Btw. I'm the (one and only :D) technical developer. (Sylon is the artist: graphics/story.)

Wow, you guys are the real one-man army! Great work! You guys reply so fast too, greatly appreciated. <3

I recall many interactions with Catacomber too, is she still working on the quest projects?
QinnShou

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:22 am

Yes, Catacomber helped with some quests/writing on The Quest (I think she created quite a few of the books). I was only involved by writing the graphics engine originally, so don't quote me on the details, though. :)

She wasn't/isn't part of Redshift but she has been creating her own expansions (with the help of others) and is still very active and helpful in answering questions.

The game was originally created by Stewe, I took over after he left.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues