Crashing when loading

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Crashing when loading

Postby FritzG » Sat May 04, 2019 4:52 am

When I try and either continue or load a game the game crashes, iOS on my iPhone
FritzG

Re: Crashing when loading

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat May 04, 2019 6:54 am

Sorry to hear that.

On iOS the only thing I can think of is that either the game files or the saves became corrupted (it's rare but can happen). Because you are saying that it happens both with the autosave and regular saves, hopefully the former.

Make sure you have enough space and then try reinstalling the game. First, copy the save files to your computer (use iTunes File Sharing, the save files are called "Save0" to "Save20"). Then you can delete and reinstall the game and try it out, creating a new character, saving, loading. If it works, you can copy back your original save files.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby rubikz » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:48 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Sorry to hear that.

On iOS the only thing I can think of is that either the game files or the saves became corrupted (it's rare but can happen). Because you are saying that it happens both with the autosave and regular saves, hopefully the former.

Make sure you have enough space and then try reinstalling the game. First, copy the save files to your computer (use iTunes File Sharing, the save files are called "Save0" to "Save20"). Then you can delete and reinstall the game and try it out, creating a new character, saving, loading. If it works, you can copy back your original save files.

Is there an updated method to backup IOS save files, since iTunes is no longer available on new OSX versions? I'm having crashing issues on Quest classic (w/Mithril Horde expansion) and wanted to try to reload the app and restoring save files. Thanks!
rubikz

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:17 am

On newer macOSs, the procedure is largely the same just instead of iTunes you use the Finder:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210598
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues