How to change the font?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

How to change the font?

Postby sd95 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:00 am

I've viewing problem with the default font (mistaking T with F and so on).
And the setting has no option to change the font style.

Is there any way to change the font?
sd95

Re: How to change the font?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:12 am

Create the following folder hierarchy:

On Windows: "data/fonts", in the game's folder.
On the Mac: "The Quest/fonts", in the Documents folder.
For iOS and Android: "data/fonts", anywhere on your computer, but see a later step.

Put a true type font file in the innermost folder ("fonts"), named "quest". (Because it should be a true type font, the full name with extension should be "quest.ttf". But otherwise any font file with English characters should work.)

For iOS: copy the "data" folder to your device, using iTunes (drag and drop the folder, "Add File..." won't work, sync after the copy).

For Android: copy the "data" folder to your device, into the "Android/data/hu.redshift.thequest/files" folder.

Restart the game (if it's been running).

However, especially on newer Android devices, this might not work because of tightened security practices. In that case, sorry.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby sd95 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:34 pm

Thanks for your kind information. But I'm playing the game on android pie, infinix smart 2 phone.

And there's a config.ini file in the save game data folder. Should I write the new font file location in the font tag?

Please reply.
sd95

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:04 am

sd95 wrote:And there's a config.ini file in the save game data folder. Should I write the new font file location in the font tag?

You could but that would only change the name of the font file. You still need to do the other steps, the game will look in "Android/data/hu.redshift.thequest/files/fonts" for the font file whether it's named "quest.ttf" (the default) or something else (if the "font" setting has been changed in the config).

If this folder is inaccessible, the game can't read custom fonts, I'm sorry to say.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby sd95 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:17 am

You were right. Game doesn't support other font style.
(。•́︿•̀。)
sd95

Return to Technical Issues