Can't get Islands of ice & fire expansion to register

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Can't get Islands of ice & fire expansion to register

Postby tvsinesperanto » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:28 am

Hi all, 1st post...

I just finished the base game and purchased the first expansion (ice & fire) on my iPad (1st gen).

After downloading the expansion and running it, it asks me if i want to install the expansion (i clicked yes), it then says to quit the game and relaunch it for the expansion to take effect. I did that and when i relaunched, i noticed that the title
screen now includes "Islands of Ice & Fire" text across the top.

So far, so good.

However, when I go to captain Hanty at the Mithra docks, I do not get an option to go to the new area, just the 2 seaside towns from the base game.

What's going on? Am I doing something wrong? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TV
tvsinesperanto

Re: Can't get Islands of ice & fire expansion to register

Postby Jamie990 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:26 am

By Elendil elsewhere

You really have to restart the game for it to recognize the expansion.

This worked without problems until in a recent patch Chillingo required us to implement background running. Now the game doesn't really exit when you push the home button. Which is nice, except for the expansions...

To really exit the game (after you went back to the home screen), double tap the home button to pull up the "running apps" list, find the game and touch and hold until all the icons start to wiggle, and a red minus sign appears on them. Touch the minus sign on The Quest (or Quest Gold), to kill the app.

When you next start it, the expansions should work without problems.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby tvsinesperanto » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:19 am

Jamie990 wrote:
By Elendil elsewhere

You really have to restart the game for it to recognize the expansion.

This worked without problems until in a recent patch Chillingo required us to implement background running. Now the game doesn't really exit when you push the home button. Which is nice, except for the expansions...

To really exit the game (after you went back to the home screen), double tap the home button to pull up the "running apps" list, find the game and touch and hold until all the icons start to wiggle, and a red minus sign appears on them. Touch the minus sign on The Quest (or Quest Gold), to kill the app.

When you next start it, the expansions should work without problems.

Bingo, that did the trick. Thanks.

TV
tvsinesperanto

Postby Jamie990 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 am

Welcome.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Return to Technical Issues