Game keeps crashing on Ipod.

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Game keeps crashing on Ipod.

Postby Munchie41 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:36 am

I've had The Quest Gold for about a year and it worked fine but then after the second to last update it keeps crashing when I hit either "Continue Game" "Load Game"or "Start New Game." I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch with iOS 4.2 if that makes any difference.
Munchie41

Re: Game keeps crashing on Ipod.

Postby Munchie41 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 am

Also The Lost Archipelagos works perfectly fine.
Munchie41

Re: Game keeps crashing on Ipod.

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 am

You can try reinstalling it, as it might got corrupted during the update.

First, save your save files using iTunes File Sharing (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122), then delete and redownload the game. You'll also need to reenable all expansions you have. (You don't need to redownload those if you haven't deleted them.) After that, copy back your save files and it should work.

Switching off your device and back on might be a good idea too. In fact, you can try that first, and reinstall only if that didn't work.

Also, please make sure you have enough free space. Although The Quest doesn't take that much, if you are running low, it might be an issue. The Quest Gold is around 70 megabytes when installed, but it might take double the space while installing, depending on how Apple's installer/updater works on iOS. The expansions are around 5 megabytes a piece (but of course you can delete them after you have enabled them).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues