Fullscreen in PC versions

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Fullscreen in PC versions

Postby sdraco » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 am

Greetings, I used to play Legacy on Palm and now I am very interested in The Quest. U R only company I know which is still developing dungeons and I love them. I cannot see option to enable fullscreen on PC version of The Quest. Is that possible? (please say yes and how :D )
sdraco

Re: Fullscreen in PC versions

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Sorry, there is no way to enable full screen in the PC version. The largest is the 800x600 window.

It's a technical limitation too, the game was originally designed for handhelds with very limited resources and the graphics engine reflects that. It would crash somewhere above 1000 pixel width (depending on view distance).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby sdraco » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Sorry, there is no way to enable full screen in the PC version. The largest is the 800x600 window.

It's a technical limitation too, the game was originally designed for handhelds with very limited resources and the graphics engine reflects that. It would crash somewhere above 1000 pixel width (depending on view distance).

I didn't mean to render the game in higher resolution, you can just interpolate native resolution to client's resolution. It am sure it can be done and your reply is just an excuse.

I came back here, because I am really interested in this game. I tried Windowed demo and I was going to try it even it's Windowed because this game just rocks. But it crashes very often on some locations, I tried running it in virtualized environment with same result. Deployed application is named as TODO: Add name, its's part of error message. I am really disappointed.

I was reading these forums and basically there are only people suggesting you to correct bugs and you reply that you can't read the code. I have refactored hundreds of thousands lines of code in past years and yes, it can be done and when it partially works, it's not so hard to repair it. It's pitty, I was going to buy The Quest.
sdraco

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm sorry you didn't find The Quest's PC version to your liking. It's not perfect, but it's still fully playable. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues