Android - casting animation missing

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Android - casting animation missing

Postby Aqma » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:23 am

If I remember right, when casting a spell (like burning hands), your character would do a short animation with the right hand like a circle and then the explosion would be seen. It does not seem to do this anymore after the last updates, I see only directly the explosion, which is a shame as the casting animation was a nice touch.
Aqma

Re: Android - casting animation missing

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:35 am

There never was an animation you describe. ;)

What happens when you cast Burning Hands, for example, is that your hands come up from the lower edge of the dungeon view, the fire animation starts and your hands scroll back.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Aqma » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:36 am

Hmm never mind, checking a bit more through youtube videos I see that it does not exist, my imagination was playing tricks on me. Still might be an interesting suggestion for an addition, when the character casts a spell and he gets his hand out to maybe do a short flicker with one like moving the hand in the air a bit - it would be quite nice and add to the immersion.
Aqma

Postby Aqma » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:38 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:There never was an animation you describe. ;)

What happens when you cast Burning Hands, for example, is that your hands come up from the lower edge of the dungeon view, the fire animation starts and your hands scroll back.

Indeed, sorry for this, not sure why I was certain it existed and thought maybe it just went missing after latest update. I think we were writing the follow up posts at the same time, I will keep it as a suggestion if you reckon it makes sense.

Thank you for the reply and for the game, it's great! :)
Aqma

Return to Technical Issues