Can smooth rotation be turned off?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Can smooth rotation be turned off?

Postby undergarden23 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi! I've played CRPGs ever since the early 80s. I am really enjoying The Quest so far, but I'm getting severe migraines from playing it, likely due to the smooth rotation when changing direction. Is there any way to remove this feature and make the game operate in sort of a "Classic Mode" like early Might and Magic games, etc., where rotating simply shows the new view without a smooth-rotating transition?

Thanks very much for your help. I want to keep playing this game, and such a feature would make that possible!
undergarden23

Re: Can smooth rotation be turned off?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm

Unfortunately it's not possible to turn instantenously, sorry. (Or even turn with an arbitrary speed. The core of the game is very old and finicky.)

You can change the turning (and moving) speed between two possibilites with a setting in the options. Try both, maybe one of them is better.

If you are playing on Windows or Mac, you can try playing in a window (and try different window sizes, maybe a smaller window helps).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Can smooth rotation be turned off?

Postby undergarden23 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:47 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Unfortunately it's not possible to turn instantenously, sorry. (Or even turn with an arbitrary speed. The core of the game is very old and finicky.)

You can change the turning (and moving) speed between two possibilites with a setting in the options. Try both, maybe one of them is better.

If you are playing on Windows or Mac, you can try playing in a window (and try different window sizes, maybe a smaller window helps).

Thank you for such a quick and thorough response! I will try what you suggest here. Thanks for making such a fun game!
undergarden23

Return to Technical Issues