game shutting off during play/ error code

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

game shutting off during play/ error code

Postby Akira207 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:43 pm

I'm using a LG series phone (LGL34C) and my(quest) game gives me an error code and frequently shuts down. The code is "code 8 internal errot" what does that code represent / what is the error? And how can I fix it. Thanks in advance. & happy holidays everyone.
Akira207

Re: game shutting off during play/ error code

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:28 am

The code indicates that the Google Play Games service encountered errors.

It seems your phone has only 512MB of memory. Which is very little and is probably the cause of both kinds of errors: Google Play Games services not working and the game shutting down frequently (as Android runs out of memory, it shuts down apps which are not 'essential').

First, I recommend Signing out of "Play Games" and keep being signed out. (You can copy your saves to your computer as a backup, if you want. You can find them here on your phone: "Android/data/hu.redshift.thequest/files").

Second, you can try reducing memory usage in the phone settings. I can't really help you with this as I'm not really an Android expert and the settings you can change can differ between Android versions and phone models. Maybe you can disable apps you don't use. But 512MB memory is very little even if only essential stuff runs.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: game shutting off during play/ error code

Postby Akira207 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks for the help. Ill see what I can do to free up my memory.
Akira207

Return to Technical Issues