Unable to drink a permanent stat potion

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Unable to drink a permanent stat potion

Postby macatron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Ok, so I know you're only allowed to drink one permanent stat potion per level, but it's not letting me. I JUST made level 14 (HD version), distributed my skill points, and then tried to drink a permanent intelligence potion but it gave me the "You cannot drink more potions with permanent effects until you level up" message. Is this a bug or did could something else cause this to happen? Thanks!
macatron

Re: Unable to drink a permanent stat potion

Postby macatron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:30 pm

So, I loaded an earlier game before I had distributed my skill points and it allowed me to drink my permanent intelligence potion. This is strange because I don't ever remember this being the case before. Any ideas?
macatron

Postby macatron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Apparently it's based on time. I loaded a game that was an hour later (in game time), but where I still hadn't distributed my skill points, and it STILL wouldn't let me drink it. Weird. So I just decided to go with the older game save so I don't miss out on being able to drink my potion. I hope this gets fixed soon, though.
macatron

Postby macatron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Ok, so for some strange reason I lost a point of strength between my old save and new save, so I'm just going to skip drinking my permanent intelligence potion this level because 5 extra mana isn't worth the loss in carrying capacity. :(
macatron

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Could you please send me your saves? I have no idea how it's supposed to work, but I can take a look in the source. ;) (Please send me your save when you haven't distributed your points and the one an hour later if you can. Thanks! To redshift@redshift.hu)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby macatron » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:41 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Could you please send me your saves? I have no idea how it's supposed to work, but I can take a look in the source. ;) (Please send me your save when you haven't distributed your points and the one an hour later if you can. Thanks! To redshift@redshift.hu)

Unfortunately, I've already saved over those files. I kinda just decided to cut my losses and move on. If it happens again, though, I'll definitely send something your way. :)
macatron

Return to Technical Issues