is this a bug in ice & fire extension?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

is this a bug in ice & fire extension?

Postby icedevice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:10 am

hi everyone. i'm playing the ios standalone version of the islands of ice & fire. i'm on the last stages where i need a rope to get across and reach the lair of the beast. as far as i understand, rope is found via a merchant on the main game. but it's nowhere to be found if you play this expansion as a standalone and have no access to the town of mitras. so either i have to buy the main game or i'm stuck... is this a bug?
icedevice

Re: is this a bug in ice & fire extension?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

It seems there isn't any rope available, yes.

Although the expansion is not really meant to be played standalone, I'll add one somewhere. Of course it must pass through Apple's approval process, which isn't fast, unfortunately, so I can't tell you when it'll be available.

(When we first released the expansion on iOS, in-app purchases were not available yet. And standalone apps must be playable to be accepted by Apple. With the new HD version we could have used in-app purchases, and we actually did for the mac version, but we kept the old style for the iOS version. But I think we'll use in-app purchases for any new games.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: is this a bug in ice & fire extension?

Postby icedevice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 pm

if you mean selling expansions as an in-app purchase, then yes, that would be the best way to go...

and thanks for the update!
icedevice

Return to Technical Issues