Low FPS in some places. IOS 8.4, IPad 4

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Low FPS in some places. IOS 8.4, IPad 4

Postby Ksenobite » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:35 am

Hello!
I have a very frustrating problem - in some places (there are a lot of such places) FPS suddenly goes down (for example - few steps forward - glitching. Few steps back - everything is ok). I've read another topic with the same problem and turned off rain - it doesn't help (as understood weather doesnt affect my FPS). I tried other settings - no result.
And as in previous topic - " making a single step in some direction ... character continue to move for some time, although I only tapped move button once"
Such problem occurs for example in front of city Vastares (North part, entrance, near the wooden sign - "Welcome to the city") - there is a road made of darker stone - when i step on it FPS goes down. As soon as i make a step off - everything is almost perfect. But when i try to step on the same road (same texture) in other parts of the city there is no FPS drop. I want to emphasize that this place is just one of many, and they dont have anything in common.

I can send you my save, if you need it.
Thanks in advance!
Ksenobite

Re: Low FPS in some places. IOS 8.4, IPad 4

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:51 am

I'll look into it.

If you can send save(s) at or near the problematic places, that might help too. Thanks!
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Ksenobite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 am

As you asked i sent you my save (redshift@redshift.hu) and describe the problem again with additional details.
Thanks!
Ksenobite

Postby Ksenobite » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 am

I forgot to mention that in Matras i dont have any problems - game goes smoothly except for the bridges to the mainland (as soon as i start to cross them - game starts glitching, but only until i cross it).
Ksenobite

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am

Answered in email.

For others with similar problems:

• Try updating the OS, iOS 8 is quite old.
  • You can try lowering the draw distance. There is a "config.ini" in the same place where the saves are. Copy it to your computer, edit it, than copy back to your device. The setting to edit is "drawDistance". It's 12 by default, but you could try to lower it (7 is the minimum and what The Quest Classic uses). (See here for accessing the saves.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues