Android Google Play Login Issue

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Android Google Play Login Issue

Postby SentinelBasch » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Hello,

I currently play The Quest on my Nexus 7 tablet with no issues. I have installed it on my Android phone as well, so that I can cross-play.

However, on my phone, the app will not let me log into Google Play. It gets far enough to where it pulls up the prompt like I'm signing in, but it just hangs on The Quest's "Signing In" screen forever. This is the only app on my phone where it does this.

Does The Quest require a certain version of the Android OS to log into Google Play? I do not have the latest version of this OS as my phone will not let me update to the latest version. I am running the latest version of The Quest, and I have tried clearing the data and uninstalling/reinstalling without success. The game itself appears to run fine on my phone.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
SentinelBasch

Re: Android Google Play Login Issue

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:00 am

You don't need to have the latest Android, however it's always a good idea to update all Google Play related apps, like the Google Play Store and Google Play Games apps. I think the Google Play Games app should also update the Google Play services app, which is the one actually responsible for Google Play.

Please try updating all your apps to the latest, hopefully that'll help.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues