Migrate from an old palm to android or mac

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Migrate from an old palm to android or mac

Postby sedienalee » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Anyone know if there is a way to download the game and reinstall from one OS to another? i am trying to reenter the quest world. I loved this game years ago but kind of lost track of it before they added it to steam and android. Was kind of hoping to pick up where i left off or at least have my original character. I bought an expansion at one point too.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
sedienalee

Re: Migrate from an old palm to android or mac

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:34 am

The original game is available on iOS as "The Quest Classic". The expansions are called "The Quest Classic - Islands of Ice and Fire", etc.

The game has been updated, the major changes: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4204#p11529

The updated game is simply called "The Quest" on all platforms (iOS, Android, Mac, PC). The updated expansions are called similarly. (Zarista Games hasn't updated all their expansions yet but they plan to, more or less. With the update they took the opportunity to change up some of them somewhat, not all are designed for the same level of characters, for example. There are a few new expansions for the updated game too.)

Save files are not compatible between the old and the new version. Although if you copy over your Palm save files to the Classic version, they should work. Otherwise you'd need to start a new character. Which might be a good idea. ;) (Here are the save file locations, cannot help you with Palm, though: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4624)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues