Reinstalled windows.

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Reinstalled windows.

Postby ForeverGolden » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi, I had to reinstall windows on my laptop. I have all expansions installed and main game also prior. I see my files are there but I needed to reinstalled steam. Which I did, I had kept it on. I have internet connection but it won't run. Gives me a Fatal Error and says "Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again." I have a network connection for this. I no longer have a connection at home but I was able to play without it and then I would find a wifi and start my game and it did all its syncing and it was all good. Soooo. Not sure how I can fix this. What should I do? I don't know how to include screenshot as I am using my phone to send this as I am away from any wifi/internet service and only have cell service.
ForeverGolden

Re: Reinstalled windows.

Postby Catacomber » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:06 am

When I turn on my computer, the first thing it does is update Steam. I don't do anything until that's run. If I have a problem with Steam, I uninstall and reinstall it. I know that's a pain but it's always worked for me.

I've never tried using it away from my regular wifi connection though. I don't know if that would make a difference.
Catacomber

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 am

This is a Steam and/or network problem. (Nothing to do with The Quest.)

Personally I never had this problem with Steam (or any, for a very long time), so I can't really help, sorry.

You'd have to look up this error on the net and see if what you find applies to your situation. My guess would be that even though you have an Internet connection, Steam isn't or only partially accessible. If it's a public WiFi they might have blocked high bandwidth sites, like Steam.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby ForeverGolden » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 am

Thanks, I have reinstalled it several times. I will try again on my daughter's wifi when I get over there. And will look it up on the net. It maybr the later part because when I tried to go to steams website I was blocked. I was using the open wifi at work on my laptop so I guess it's not as open as they say. Thanks
ForeverGolden

Return to Technical Issues