Help with custom portraits on IOS

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Help with custom portraits on IOS

Postby Nahztek-Shadowpath » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Hello.
I’m back into this series again and am having trouble figuring out how to add Custom Portraits on IOS.

I made the folder hierarchy data/worlds/bres
I converted the pic to BMP 128x128 and named it head01 and added it in the bres folder.
And when opening ITunes on my laptop with my IPhone using file sharing, I am dropping the folder manually in the ‘The Quest’ files. It is going under the ‘configuration’ icon, and above my saves.
I am adding it by drag and drop. If I try to use the add tab within iTunes, I can only add the pic itself and not a folder.

But I go into the game and don’t see the pic. No crashes. No errors. No pic.

I admit, I’m really bad with this stuff. I barely use the laptop and went through hours of updates just so I could update the iTunes and whatnot. I’ve never plugged my phone into my laptop before this, and moving around files was also new to me, as was converting and editing the pic. All pretty easy stuff, but very time consuming. And I’m obviously messing something up.

If anyone experienced with this could help me out, I would be very grateful.
Nahztek-Shadowpath

Re: Help with custom portraits on IOS

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:52 am

What you describe seems to be in order.

Are you playing The Quest? It won't work with The Quest Classic.

How large is the image file? It should be 49208 bytes (give or take a few bytes).

You are right only drag and drop works, it worked what I described when I wrote it, it seems iTunes have changed. (I've updated the text.)

Have you synced your device after you've dropped the folder in?

(And finally, have you paged over all available head images in game? I'm sure you have, just checking. ;))
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Help with custom portraits on IOS

Postby Nahztek-Shadowpath » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hmmm. It seems like maybe an issue with the pic. I’ll check the size and troubleshoot with other pics now that I know the procedure is correct.

Thanks again!
(I love this game, and will eventually own all expansions, including any future ones. I deleted my old save that cleared the base game and 3 xpacs already because I wanted a fresh start. Never stop!!)

Edit-
YES!!!
I figured it out. Thank you so much. I’m so happy right now...
Nahztek-Shadowpath

Return to Technical Issues