Game slowed down with expansions?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Game slowed down with expansions?

Postby Gabriel » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:37 am

I have the base game + Isles of Fire&Ice, Thor's Hammer and Hero of Lukomorye I, II, III and IV installed and enabled in the main game.

- When I start the game, syncing save files and logging to Google Play begun to take muuuch more time after I got LukoIV.
- Also, saving game is much slower, the list loads for a good while and saving lasts longer.

Starting the game is the most painful, it really takes long.

So, can I safely uninstall some expansions? Other reason is that I'm running short on space as each expansion adds about 200 mb of content.
Gabriel

Re: Game slowed down with expansions?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:39 am

Hmm, it shouldn't really matter. There is some little housekeeping associated with all expansions but just starting the app and starting a new game shouldn't take longer. Of course it's different if you actually load a save which has been to many expansions (it still shouldn't be that noticeable but it takes a bit more time).

Syncing save files and logging into Google Play has nothing to do with how many expansions are installed. So this points to something else slowing down your device.

Still, reinstalling the game and leaving out not used expansions certainly wouldn't hurt. Just be advised that any save you created with expansions installed will require all those expansions to be installed. So if you uninstall expansions you can only start a new game (as none of your current saves would load).

You might try to delete and reinstall everything. Be sure to copy your save files to safe space before. (Here is info about the save game locations: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4624)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues