They won't update or install, help!

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

They won't update or install, help!

Postby mm6ff8 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm

The base game and expansions I purchased and installed already on old tablet, Nexus 7 2013, won't update from Play Store. Uninstalled, and they won't install from Play Store. Copied and transferred from another phone using X-plore File Manager, still won't install. I've also rebooted several times already. A few other apps from Play Store or apk files from another phone or apkpure.com install normally. Please help!
mm6ff8

Re: They won't update or install, help!

Postby kohlrak » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:14 am

Do you have a specific error code, and do you have busybox?
kohlrak

Postby mm6ff8 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:37 am

No BusyBox.
Google Play Store gives an error message about something like it can't be installed, no error code.
Apk filed installation give "Apk not installed."

When I went to Play Store trying to reproduce the error message, I just found that it is shown as $7.99, as if I never purchased it. So I uninstalled it on my old phone , Nexus 6P, to see if the purchase was somehow cancelled or voided. It is not, still a big good green Install right there and it installed just good.

So it gonna be something wrong about this old tablet. I did the "Reset app preferences" in Apps Settings and rebooted, no good.

Any suggestions? No factory reset please.
mm6ff8

Postby kohlrak » Tue May 12, 2020 2:22 am

mm6ff8 wrote:No BusyBox.
Google Play Store gives an error message about something like it can't be installed, no error code.
Apk filed installation give "Apk not installed."

When I went to Play Store trying to reproduce the error message, I just found that it is shown as $7.99, as if I never purchased it. So I uninstalled it on my old phone , Nexus 6P, to see if the purchase was somehow cancelled or voided. It is not, still a big good green Install right there and it installed just good.

So it gonna be something wrong about this old tablet. I did the "Reset app preferences" in Apps Settings and rebooted, no good.

Any suggestions? No factory reset please.

The problem is in google play, by the sounds of it. If it's charging you, you must not be on the same google account, i assume. If you check, i would expect any other apps you've purchased to be the same way.

Sorry for not responding for a long time. I had lost track of this topic.
kohlrak

Return to Technical Issues