Save file compatibility question for the developers!

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Save file compatibility question for the developers!

Postby Ferix » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:04 am

This is a question for the developers!

As I understand it, The Quest save files are cross platform compatible between iOS and PC (the newest version of the game at least). I have a few questions about this.

First, what happens if you purchased the base game AND expansions on iOS but only the base game on PC? Will the game save be considered corrupted since there is data that doesn’t exist on the PC platform? If not, then what happens if my save file has my character already sailed and landed on Island of Ice and Fire but I never bought that expansion on PC? Will the save corrupt or will it automatically and safely transport my character back tk the main island?

Second, what happens if I install a Steam mod for The Quest and do stuff there and then I transfer that save back to iOS? Since that mod doesn’t exist on iOS will the save be corrupted?
Ferix

Re: Save file compatibility question for the developers!

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:42 am

The save is never "corrupted" but the game will only load saves where all the expansions which were installed when the save was created are installed.

So the answer for both of your questions is no, the saves will not load (the game will tell you the name of the first expansion it doesn't find).

Note that you don't have to go to an expansion for the save to require it. If it's installed when the save is created, it'll need it to load.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues