Cannot install additional worlds on MacOS

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Cannot install additional worlds on MacOS

Postby brettwgg64 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:00 pm

I downloaded The Quest for MacOS from the App Store. I also bought the Islands of Ice and Fire expansion as an in-app-purchase for $6.99.

When I click on Additional Worlds from the main menu, it just says "No additional worlds are installed." The option to buy Ice and Fire is still there. I also click on the "restore purchases" green check button, but nothing happens.

I also checked and made sure my purchase went through on the app store, and it did. I just want to make sure my expansion is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
brettwgg64

Re: Cannot install additional worlds on MacOS

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:49 am

Hi! Sorry for the problem.

Have you tried restarting the game? The in-app purchasing component in macOS might need some time to download the expansion and also need to notify the game, which might not happen if the game is not restarted.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby brettwgg64 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I restarted the game, remained signed into both Mac App store and Apple Music, however the additional worlds still aren't showing up. I also tried deleting The Quest app and re-downloading it, but still nothing appears in my additional worlds list.

I think you might be right in that the in-app purchasing component in macOS needs to notify the game, or needs more time, I just am not sure what to do.

Thank you for your help!
brettwgg64

Postby showline » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:07 am

brettwgg64 wrote:I downloaded The Quest for MacOS from the App Store. I also bought the Islands of Ice and Fire expansion as an in-app-purchase for $6.99.

When I click on Additional Worlds from the main menu, it just says "No additional worlds are installed." The option to buy Ice and Fire is still there. I also click on the "restore purchases" green check button, but nothing happens.

I also checked and made sure my purchase went through on thegbwhatsapp app store, and it did. I just want to make sure my expansion is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Yes exactly the same thing is happening to me and I tried to fix it but I can't because there no such a way is available to fix this issue.
showline

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:46 am

Sorry to hear that.

I'll try and investigate, however I cannot promise a speedy resolution currently. You might want to get a refund and purchase the game on an other platform. Once again sorry.

(The Steam version includes mac support.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby showline » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:08 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Sorry to hear that.

I'll try and investigate, however I cannot promise a speedy resolution currently. You might want to get a refund and purchase the game on an other platform. Once again sorry.

(The Steam version includes mac support.)

Thanks for your reply and I will be happy to say that my problem has been solved. I don't know how, but now I don't have any problem...
showline

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:21 am

Glad to hear that. :)

(It was probably something flaky with purchasing component(s) in macOS as mentioned previously. The important point is that it is resolved. Enjoy the game!)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby technologywell » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm

brettwgg64 wrote:I downloaded The Quest for MacOS from the App Store. I also bought the Islands of Ice and Fire expansion as an in-app-purchase for $6.99.

I also checked and made sure my purchase went through on the app store, and it did. I just want to make sure my expansion is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

same issue with me. May be i have to move to windows.
technologywell

Postby EthanWinters » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:00 am

Hey Brettwgg64, are you using the latest version of macOS or not? sometimes it happens due to older version, the macOS store doesn't work properly. If you found any solution, let me know as well. BTW Good luck, and yeah, The Quest- Islands of Ice and Fire is amazing, I've played it two-three times.

Best Regards: EthanKineMaster ModsWinters
EthanWinters

Postby Jamescx12 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am

Elendil / Redshift wrote:Hi! Sorry for the problem.

Have you tried restarting the gameDownload GBWhatsApp APKThe in-app purchasing component in macOS might need some time to download the expansion and also need to notify the game, which might not happen if the game is not restarted.

I am facing same issue can you help me.
Jamescx12

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 am

Jamescx12 wrote:I am facing same issue can you help me.

Unfortunately I haven't found yet why this might happen. Please make sure everything is updated and try it again a few times, hopefully it'll resolve itself.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues