The Quest Basic PT-BR translation project

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

The Quest Basic PT-BR translation project

Postby DarkOFFz » Wed May 12, 2021 12:55 am

Hello and good night, well I want to start translating the base game (and if it works for the dlcs) into the pt pt language, I can translate it 100% totally for free, as said is a project and fan dream same kk so I would like to ask for permission and the text files of the game to start the project, it is worth mentioning that I want to translate the mobile version plus you prefer that I translate the PC version and you guys do the postage I do the same way. As said it is a fan dream of the game and I hope to do it. Since already thank you at least for reading this post. :D :D :D
DarkOFFz

Re: The Quest Basic PT-BR translation project

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 am

I've answered your email so you know that The Quest is just not set up for any kind of translation, sorry.

I'd add of course nothing is "impossible". I know of a French language "fan translation" project but that is based on the PC version. You can take the existing files and modify them in-place (if you work out how to do that so the game still works). We cannot offer any official support but we won't tell you what to do with the game files on your own computer just ask that you don't distribute any files from the game, either originals or modified ones. You can of course distribute your own program which applies any necessary changes to an existing installation.

This is of course a lot of work and the results might be less then satisfactory. For example the game only draws a limited number of glyphs (characters). (I don't think any accented characters are on this list.)

We are aware all of this and would like to provide an easier route in our next game but getting it done must come first so no concrete promises. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues