Quest for PC

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Quest for PC

Postby ZzCupidzZ » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Where is The Quest for PC? Is it free? And where can I find it? Ive been doing some searching but cant seem to find anything...
ZzCupidzZ

Re: Quest for PC

Postby nate15596 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 am

ZzCupidzZ wrote:Where is The Quest for PC? Is it free? And where can I find it? Ive been doing some searching but cant seem to find anything...
there isn't one. I don't know where you got that idea, it would be cool though. There is a game similar though, is the elder scrolls one. It's free and the same as the quest.
nate15596

Postby ZzCupidzZ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:51 am

I thought i heard that somewhere...
Whats the elder scrolls one called?
ZzCupidzZ

Postby Catacomber » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 am

There is a Quest for PC. It's not free. You can buy it from Redshift. : )
Catacomber

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 am

Yep, that's right, there is a PC version and you can buy it from us - just email me (sylon at redshift dot hu) for the details.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Druid » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 am

ZzCupidzZ wrote:I thought i heard that somewhere...

Well, Elder Scrolls II is DaggerFall. That's been referenced here a few times, but it is NOT THE SAME. DaggerFall is in real time and it is mostly polygons and not drawings. It is similar in the way you play and the options you have, but only because they are both classic RPGs. DaggerFall is free from Bethesda right now, but it is a pain to get it to work right. However, if you are dedicated, you can figure it out.
Oh, and the exploitable area is roughly the size of Great Britan or, in layman's terms, freaking HUGE.
Druid

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 am

I would think that it's not that hard to find the PC version of The Quest. Just click the "PC (Windows)" button on our homepage then "The Quest" icon/text. (But it seems that my ideas about a redesign of the site are merited. :) Won't happen for a while though.)

You can download the demo version for free. As Sylon said, if you want to buy it, write to him.

(A little warning: The PC version is not the same as the iOS version. The main difference is that the iOS version got a free content update (with a hidden island and quests connected to it). Also some balancing changes/bug fixes have only been applied to the iOS version. These two also mean that the save files are not compatible.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Matías111 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Druid wrote:
ZzCupidzZ wrote:I thought i heard that somewhere...

Well, Elder Scrolls II is DaggerFall. That's been referenced here a few times, but it is NOT THE SAME. DaggerFall is in real time and it is mostly polygons and not drawings. It is similar in the way you play and the options you have, but only because they are both classic RPGs. DaggerFall is free from Bethesda right now, but it is a pain to get it to work right. However, if you are dedicated, you can figure it out.
Oh, and the exploitable area is roughly the size of Great Britan or, in layman's terms, freaking HUGE.

Druid you're right, there is no word to describe how immensely expansive the overworld is!
Matías111

Return to Technical Issues