Lost Archipelago bugs

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Lost Archipelago bugs

Postby Brian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

First, I want to say how much I enjoy your games! The Quest demo hooked me and then I got the free expansion Lost Archipelagos. I am very deep into the game but unfortunately there are many bugs that prevent me from finishing the quests. One of them is killing the spirits of death. I have killed them all near the prisnia area, but the guy kept asking for my help. Next, the dwarven leader. HE CAN'T BE KILLED. None of your blows, magic, or arrows can fell this dwarf! Not even detect mind works! Another is the keeper of the Lava field door. I can't open the bloody door, no matter how much i press the door! Finally, beyond the house of the lava keeper are the green buildings. There are "guardians," freaky undead flying things, that project some random glowing stuff from their fingers (?!) You CAN'T hurt them without causing a MASSIVE bug that will crash your ipod, sending the game into permanent freeze unless you press the home button, and you have to wait a minute for the game to fix itself. I tried using a sword by approaching them, but their one hit kills (curse?) kill me immediately. Detect mind does not work, in fact, projectiles cant be used at all without the crashing bug. PLEASE RESPOND, I am a big fan of your works, and if Civil Striker is reading this, PLEASE HELP!
Brian

Re: Lost Archipelago bugs

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 am

Unfortunately, any gameplay bugs are really up to CivilStriker (and I haven't heard from him since we released the expansion), but if you could send us save files with which we can replicate the crashing bugs, we migh be able to fix at least those.

Please see the last topic in this forum (Transfer save games from iPhone to iPad) on how to transfer save files to your computer. A save file where we have to do the least steps to reproduce a crash would be ideal. You can find our contact email address right on top of our homepage.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Is it possible that you edit the entire game urself, then release an update? I've been trying to find a way to navigate around the glitches which are IMPOSSIBLE
Brian

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:50 am

Lost Archipelago is a completely free fan made expansion. It is really provided as-is. Even if we had the time to try and fix bugs in it, we would do something else much more worthwhile with our time. But we definitely have absolutely no time. :(

We hope the expansive main game and all other expansions still provide enough quality questing time. :)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Been almost a year since i posted. I've tried the editor, which doesnt even begin running before crashing, and then even got a new phone. So now I've decided to email you my saved file for fixing the bugs, but now i can't find your email! :'( Can you post a link to it please? :oops:
Brian

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:14 am

For anyone reading this topic: our email can be found on the top of our home page. ;)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:27 am

Thank you so much. I have finally beaten Lost Archipelagos and I feel like a badass. There are still some quests incomplete because their glitches have not been fixed I think, but I want to express how grateful I am to you. Redshift is THE BEST
Brian

Postby Assasinkiro » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:58 pm

I have this add on and the quest demo, but the quest is the only that worked! The add on wont let me even kill the first enemy's! Please help us out here!
Assasinkiro

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:46 am

Lost Archipelagos is designed for high level characters. If you go there with a low level character, it will not be really playable.

If you play the expansion standalone, it should be playable (and even completable :)), however if you have only played the demo of The Quest before and don't know the game's mechanics and style enough, it might be too difficult.

If you really think you have a bug, please make sure there are no problems on your end (there can be problems from corrupted installs, which are not the game's fault). Delete the game, switch off then on your device then reinstall the game from the App Store. Of course, save your save files to your computer first (using iTunes File Sharing), if you want to use them, then you can reload them after the reinstall. (Please see the second sticky in this forum on how to transfer saves.)

If the bug persists, if you can, please send us a save file as near to the problem as possible, and some directions on how to reproduce it. Even if for some reason you can't do that, please be (much) more specific on what exactly is happening and where in the game which you think is a bug. Thank you.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues