Mass Drain Health killing the player on use.

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Mass Drain Health killing the player on use.

Postby SmeltedFist » Wed May 18, 2022 2:15 am

Considering the undead race are the only ones who could use the spell this seems like a bug. I am playing on my Samsung Android S9 and bought it with expansions for nostalgia.

Drain Health works fine you take the enemies health for your own; Mass Drain Health though it hits the enemy and by the time it touches the player character it results in instant game over. I rolled an Undead Priest because I knew that meant the health drain spells but this one doesn't work right.

I think it's a bug so I thought this belonged here but not sure if it would be fixed.
SmeltedFist

Re: Mass Drain Health killing the player on use.

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu May 19, 2022 4:35 pm

I looked it up and it's not a bug.

This spell flies to it's target then drains health from the target and everyone around the target. That includes the player. ;) You shouldn't cast this spell on monsters standing right in front of you. (Maybe the documentation should be clearer but otherwise this works as intended.)

(As for your other post, first time posters must be approved before their post becomes visible.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby SmeltedFist » Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm

Oh thank you I should have realized. Any chance in the future too have a description on how many tiles a AOE spell covers? It's already on the tile kind of format in The Quest.
SmeltedFist

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri May 20, 2022 11:47 am

All AOE spells affect the target square and all squares around it (so 9 squares in total).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues