Can no longer install on Android from Play store?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Can no longer install on Android from Play store?

Postby NOPper » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:02 pm

Hello!

Had to slick my phone today for reasons, and when updating I noticed I could download all of the expansions, but the main The Quest app is now "incompatible" with my device on the Play store? Odd, 'cause it was working just fine for years on my phone! Android 10, still shows as owned just can't install. It's cool I can still play the expansions standalone, but I'd like a single character to focus on!

Did any flags change or something recently? Thanks for any info!
NOPper

Re: Can no longer install on Android from Play store?

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:42 pm

The Quest, besides the Play Store, is now available on Play Pass too. (Or at least should be soon. Google said Aug. 22nd as release date.) This necessitated us using Google's AIP ("automatic integrity protection"). This might result in the game "not being compatible" with certain devices (like those which have been rooted/jailbroken).

However, The Quest, in preparation for this, has been using AIP for months now. At least the last two updates have been using it.

It might be the case that after your updating the OS the Play Store got confused. You could try clearing all cached data for the Play Store or (as a last resort) clean installing the OS on your device.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Re: Can no longer install on Android from Play store?

Postby NOPper » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:28 pm

Ah, that tracks. I recently rooted my phone to allow me to update critical security patches after OnePlus dropped support. Didn't know Play store would complain.

Thanks for the input!
NOPper

Return to Technical Issues