Android main game has cloud save. Expansions? Mouse pairing?

Do you have any technical problems with the game? Look here.

Android main game has cloud save. Expansions? Mouse pairing?

Postby Dusk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:10 pm

The main game has cloud save on mobile. The expansions (Zarista ones and Ice & Fire) don't show a cloud save function in the Google Play Store. But since they just "expand" the main world/your save file do they also work with the cloudsave function?

Also can I use a mouse and pair it to a tablet or chromebook? Or do you always have to use the arrow movement no matter what. (Which is fine, but just wondering)
Dusk

Re: Android main game has cloud save. Expansions? Mouse pair

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:13 am

If you enable them in the main game (as is the intended use case), the saves you create while playing them can be saved to/restored from the cloud, yes. (Because you are playing the main game.)

There is no explicit keyboard/mouse support in the Android version. Touch input is required. (I'm not too familiar with Android support for mouse on a tablet or Chromebook, if it emulates touch you can use it but you have to click on the UI elements. Also, because it's availability on Play Pass The Quest is required to use Google's AIP (Automatic Integrity Protection) which limits on what devices it can run on so it might not run on Chromebooks but I might be mistaken.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Dusk » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:20 pm

Thnx for the answers. So to sum up, if I understand correctly, yes cloud save WORKS with the expansions, *but only if you connect them to the main game*. Which for a fact does have cloud save. Seems obvious ofcourse as you also said to not treat the expansions as standalone games when you own the main game.

Then for my other question, yes I can confirm the game works on my Chromebook and I can use the mouse but I do have to use the predetermined interface elements.

Edit: After visiting the playstore again, the description of each expansion states "After enabling the expansion, you can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game."

So this must mean they have cloud compatibility when connected.
Dusk

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 am

Basically, yes. :) To further clarify, after you enable the expansions in the main game you need not open the expansion apps any more. You are just playing the main game (with cloud saves) but now you can access the expansion areas.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues