My first small world

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

My first small world

Postby GideonFisk » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:29 pm

First of all, thanks for this great game! i recently started a new playthrough and this time got curious what i could do with the editor. i played around with it this week and my first own little world is slowly unfolding. but of course, questions are coming to my mind and probably more will follow. what i want to know at the moment:

i want to place monsters or monster npcs that are only visible at day or night. i chose the day or night option in the npc menu but they are still visible day AND night in game. the day/night options seem to work only for walking npcs for me. is there a way to make this work for monsters too?

i wanted to place monster npcs in the world with a trading option. but everytime i talk to them and select the buy/sell option the editor crashes. also the game when i try this ingame. is there a way you can trade with npcs found in the world? or ist this only possible within shops?

last question for now: can you clone a whole map and place is somewhere else in the world? i made a map i'm not happy with where it is right now. so it would be cool if i don't have to rebuild the whole map on a new position.

thanks a lot!
GideonFisk

Re: My first small world

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:32 am

As far as I remember, yes, day/night options don't work on monsters.

You can trade with npcs which are standing out in the world (there is an example right in the first village, Matras. :)

As for the last question, there is some rudimentary options for copying (well, exporting and importing) maps in the original editor but I don't think they were developed very far and I took them out from the released one.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Editor