Prisons

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Prisons

Postby mangoose » Sun May 18, 2014 6:13 pm

So I have started working on my expansion again, and I decided to make a prison. The problem is, I have no idea how to make the game recognize the prison Map as a prison, so if I commit a crime and speak to a guard, it tries to send me to jail, but I just get a message saying that there is no prison nearby. So how do I make it recognize the prison?
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Re: Prisons

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Mon May 19, 2014 1:51 pm

Look the identifier of the prison maps in the original game. Select the maps and check them in the editor. They have an id like this:
base_s1108_jail
So this means that in the upper world this prison is connected to the 1108 map (the village of Phryn's center is this map). Then for example if you put a guard in the map 1108 and give him a command like player.movetojail(); with the condition of having some crime level for the player, he will put the player right in that cell.
Of course on the prison map you have to have a destination place for the player with an unique id, like base_s1108_jailentry in this case.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby mangoose » Tue May 20, 2014 4:13 am

That's what I tried, but I think I might have forgotten the s before the numbers. I won't know for sure until I get my computer back
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue May 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Of course 's' refers to 'surface'.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby mangoose » Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 pm

so I can't have the player sent to prison from other surface map sectors, or dungeon maps?
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 am

I don't know, try it out.
I think the player.movetojail(); script line works also on the maps right beside the 'center map' of the current jail. But from dungeons... I don't know. Check the main game's world with the editor and you can see how it works (or not works) on different maps.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby mangoose » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:22 am

Maybe a more flexible prison system would be a good feature in tq2, like the ability to have just one or two prisons per world, which could be accessed from anywhere, even dungeons. On The surface, the nearest prison would be used, and in a dungeon map, a random prison would be selected.
Hail Mersant!
mangoose

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:53 am

OK, the more flexible prison system is now in our "to do" list for TQ2. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Return to Editor