Unable to travel to my world

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Unable to travel to my world

Postby Reckoner » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:44 pm

When attempting to travel to my world from Matras, I choose my expansion, the captain takes 50 gold, I say goodbye, but I remain in Matras--I fail to travel to my world. Why might this be? I've added a position object with the settings detailed in this image:

Is there a step I'm missing?
Reckoner

Re: Unable to travel to my world

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 am

"fish" is the tutorial world's id. If you have the tutorial world, it'll not work. Worlds cannot have the same id.

If you are just trying things out, you can delete the tutorial world's "Vacation.pak" file and it should work, but you'll not be able to upload a world with "fish" as an id. You can change the id in the world properties dialog (File/Properties).
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Reckoner » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:"fish" is the tutorial world's id. If you have the tutorial world, it'll not work. Worlds cannot have the same id.

If you are just trying things out, you can delete the tutorial world's "Vacation.pak" file and it should work, but you'll not be able to upload a world with "fish" as an id. You can change the id in the world properties dialog (File/Properties).

I'm using the id relevant to my world--not "fish". With that in mind, can you think of another reason as to why this might be happening? Can you only travel to worlds that have been uploaded to steam?

Edit: I should mention that after paying the captain and saying goodbye, the sky picture will change to that of my world, but I will still be in Matras.
Reckoner

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:42 am

In the screenshot the world id was "fish". That's what I was reacting to.

You don't need to upload to Steam for testing.

Perhaps you have more than one object with "<world_id>_STARTGAME" name? Than can cause problems. Otherwise can you send me the .questworld file? I'm out of ideas. (You can find our email address on redshift.hu, under "Contact Us").
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Reckoner » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 pm

Elendil / Redshift wrote:In the screenshot the world id was "fish". That's what I was reacting to.

You don't need to upload to Steam for testing.

Perhaps you have more than one object with "<world_id>_STARTGAME" name? Than can cause problems. Otherwise can you send me the .questworld file? I'm out of ideas. (You can find our email address on redshift.hu, under "Contact Us").

I've since deleted that world and moved on. Arriving is now working for me as intended.
Reckoner

Postby trainman61 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:08 am

Hi, I am also having trouble with getting to my world, I keep trying to follow the directions but it isn't working. Any chance someone can describe step by step how to set a position that would be where you show up from traveling from the main world? I can click on my world, but it just returns me to mitras.
trainman61

Return to Editor