Teleports

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Teleports

Postby Prickett » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:40 am

I have one teleport on the island, and it’s supposed to connect to one in my dungeon portion. How can I connect them?
Prickett

Re: Teleports

Postby KGold » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Open up the teleports' properties window, where you can give them a unique identifier and set their target position, which should be the other teleport's identifier in this case :)
If you have been really too busy,
And you feel your head being dizzy,
It's recommended to have a rest,
I have a good offer-play the Quest! : )
KGold

Postby Prickett » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Thanks, it worked perfectly
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:18 am

So now I want to have a ladder go down to the next floor, and I followed the same steps. The ladder works on the way up. However, when I go down the hole, it puts me inside the wall on which the ladder resides. How can I make it put me in front of the ladder?
Prickett

Postby Catacomber » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:57 am

My poor eyes are almost dead from putting in Macha's Curse the second time but suggest you use position marks for where you want your player to end up, whether it's from a teleporter or ladder or hole or something else. Put a position mark at the foot of the ladder and give it an object I'd like mygame_entry and then have the hole drop you there. Same for the ladder, next to the hole put a position Mark for when you climb up the ladder, call it whatever and then have the ladder go there. If that's not clear, let me know. I can't really be that helpful right now but hope that helps.
Catacomber

Postby Prickett » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Yes it made sense, I just had to do it the same way I did the xxxx_STARTGAME command for arrival. Thanks!
Prickett

Return to Editor