Enemies taking two turns

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Enemies taking two turns

Postby Prickett » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 am

All the enemies I have get to make two moves every time the PC makes one. Initially, I thought it was the level difference, but I took a level 7 character in to face the level 1 and 2 enemies, and they still got to take two moves. How can I remedy this?
Prickett

Re: Enemies taking two turns

Postby Catacomber » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:52 am

I don't have a clue on this one. I don't think I've seen that. Are you sure you're facing just one enemy? So you can measure? Are you using a new monster you made or an ingame monster? Are you tapping too fast?
Catacomber

Postby Prickett » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 pm

I’m using base monsters and monsters I made, and they’re both having this issue. They’ll take a step at the same time I do, and then they get another after, so it’s not a tapping issue. This happens with a few enemies in the base game, but it was usually just really powerful monsters, like the cyclops in the dungeon of blood. But it’s even like Lv 1 bats in the editor.
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:34 am

So I just got back into this expansion, but was quickly reminded that this was why I took such a long break. It makes it very frustrating to play in testing. Elendil/ Sylon, any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?
Prickett

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 am

No idea. However you shouldn't play test in the editor (if I understand correctly what you are doing). It's a miracle the editor even works and the game engine part of it is definitely not up to date (and will never be), sorry. You need to load up the level in the game to test it. (And start a fresh character too boot. Loading a save after you've made extensive changes can lead to problems. Or you can use a character "parked" in the base game, which means it hasn't been to the expansion for at least a week in game time, so the game will reset the content of the expansion. Otherwise it'll load data which might be out of sync with the modified expansion and problems can ensue.)
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Prickett » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Ok I’ll try that and see if it remedies it. But I can remember certain enemies doing this in the base game. On PC, classic, and HD versions. However then it was only a few enemies that I found. I seem to remember a few amazoness archers doing this.
Prickett

Postby Prickett » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 pm

Same issue as before. I exported and checked the box when prompted to recreate exported file, and used a completely new character. The issue still persists. Would it be possible to send you a file of the expansion and see if you could do anything?
Prickett

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 am

Yes, having the file(s) and steps to reproduce the issue would be helpful. I can't promise anything but I'll definitely try and take a look.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Return to Editor