Update not going through

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Update not going through

Postby Prickett » Thu May 20, 2021 7:42 pm

I changed a few things to Dungeon Crawl, the expansion I created. I go to “Upload to Steam Workshop”, check the “completely recreate uploaded file” and reset the thumbnail and write patch notes. However, when I start a new game and head to my expansion, the update has not taken place. Any idea what could be going on?

Also, right before trying to upload to steam, I tried “Export for PC/Mac”, so now I have a .pak file of the expansion. I thought this might be relevant for finding a solution.

Lastly, if anyone would like to see if the patch went through for them, an easy way to check is to go to the governor’s house. If his name is “Lorsol” that’s the old patch. If his name if “Lorsol the Governor”, that’s the new patch.
Prickett

Re: Update not going through

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Fri May 21, 2021 8:27 am

If you have an expansion .pak file in your documents folder ("Documents\The Quest\expansions"), the game will use that. The Steam version will not be used.

If you find that the expansion is "not updated", first make sure the pak is the latest. From what you've written it seems that there is no update in your questworld file, which is confusing. If you are sure your questworld is correct, you can try deleting the pak file, then exporting the questworld again. The new pak should be the latest with the updates. Then you can delete the pak file again, upload to Steam and restart the game to check the Steam version.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Prickett » Fri May 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Thank you, that worked! Now I have another question. If I update the game, how does that affect those that are currently playing it? Does the update take affect if they leave the expansion for 7 in-game days?
Prickett

Postby Elendil / Redshift » Mon May 24, 2021 8:28 am

The game saves some things but not others. It resets an area/dungeon after you've been away 7 days, that's why it's needed.

Depending on what was changed, it'll be visible to players immediately or after that 7 days away.
Elendil / Redshift
Site Admin

Postby Prickett » Thu May 27, 2021 3:47 am

Thanks Elendil!
Prickett

Return to Editor