How can i load my saved files back onto editor?

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

How can i load my saved files back onto editor?

Postby Jacob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Hey, i cannot find where i save my worlds. i go to File>Save it says saved. but i cant open it from inside the quest editor folder, it doesn't give me the option to. and when it isn't inside the folder, it doesn't let me open it, just says it's not a world, or 'The base resource cannot be loaded' does anyone know how i can?:L

Thanks.
Jacob
Jacob

Re: How can i load my saved files back onto editor?

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 pm

When you create a new world, you have to choose 'Save as' so it will be saved in a new, different name and file. It will be of course in the Editor's folder. Then you can load it back at any time, selecting that world from the first menu when you start the Editor.
I hope it helps. : ) If not, give the same name for the new world file as you gave inside the Editor when you started to make this new world. Probably it helps too. If you still have problems, just tell me exactly what do you do during creating a new world. (I just tried it, following your steps from your guide in the other thread and it worked perfectly.)
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:33 am

Thanks, i'll probally re-download it.
Jacob

Postby Catacomber » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:46 am

Make a directory for all the files that you are going to use for the Quest.

I call mine Quest_Editor and unpack all the zip files there. All my files are there including my expansions.

Then when you create an expansion it should save in that same directory. If all the files are in the same directory, you shouldn't need to do save as, just SAVE. : ) I answered your pm. I'm always happy to help. It's not any kind of annoyance to me. But I have to understand what you're doing. : )
Catacomber

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:20 am

Yay :D I got it to work!:P I unloaded all of the zip file into a seperate folder, turns out the quest res file needs to be with the other quest saves.
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:48 am

Jacob, you didn't use one common directory for all Quest-based files? I thought you used the Editor like that, it's natural. : ) I have all files in one directory on my PC, the base game with all its files, the Editor, and all expansions.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 am

In the zipfile i couldn't load them, just open so i stupidly took them out onto desktop.. lol..
I figured how to make npcs in doors now. :)
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Jacob » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:32 am

oh god, it crashes loads. made and scripted my first quest, when i talk about the quest it crashes lol. me and this editor arn't doing too well
Jacob
Jacob

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 am

I think you should start a new topic with the name "Scripting" or something like that, so I can check what mistakes you have in your NPC or its script. The Editor usually works well if you do things right. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Return to Editor