Expansions sharing

This forum is for discussing anything related to The Quest editor.

Expansions sharing

Postby lukas1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am

Hey, let's share our expansions in progress (or finished ones)!

I'll start with my fun little "cheat" expansion with one simple fun quest, lots of special superior stuff and an NPC that gives you whatever you want :) I'd call it 0.1a version. Can be used for testing purposes or trying out other stuff, not for real gameplay though as it would probably spoil the game for you... It's also stated in the intro :) Feel free to try and comment :)
I spent several hours on it and didn't want to keep it just for myself. Hope there wasn't any thread for this here - I didn't find one.

Lukas' Cheat World
Download: https://rapidshare.com/files/3199768991/TheQuestLukas.pdb (0,02 MB)

Map related question: when raising SP by NPC Good Lukas, sometimes it raises random smaller amount than scripted. Happens especially with 20 or 200 sp options, usually on first use only... Any suggestions why it behaves like this?
Didn't test in PDA, only in PC version though.

//edit: newer version with day/night ship back to Mathras
lukas1

Re: Expansions sharing

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:37 am

For me the NPC Lukas simply crashes the editor when I'm trying to talk with him - because of the too many talk topics in his dialogue window. (You use way too many of them because you activated the training-repair-enchant-etc topics too.) Try to use less topics or split the whole thing to 2-3 different NPCs.

After deleting some topics I could use the SP boost topic without any problems. I mean I always got the correct amount of SP.
Sylon / Redshift

Postby lukas1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Oops, didn't notice that - in the PC demo version 1.03 it works like a charm :) On my PPC it crashes as well, didn't try it in the editor (maybe because I use it at PC with Windows 7 the dialog window has shifted picture down left out of the form, so it's unusable for me).

The problem might have been with SP or HP, I'm not sure where it was first, but last I recall (yesterday morning) it was with HP - I asked for 200 and got 120 (or at least the system message said so, I didn't check the real stats)... Might be only PC version glitch though. Couldn't get to that situation for screenshot today unfortunately.
lukas1

Postby Jamie990 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Heres a mini dungeon I mamde, idea is based around a rpg game where you have "lives" if you lose them all then you fail the dungeon :P

Quite high level but if you have the QE you can always change that.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xitzxmvns7i7wfr

And here is one to customise your characters stats. This is because of the lack of pre-gen characters in the PC version which means it's hard to play through expansins in a different order. You can change skills, attributes and levels right now but I could do other stuff :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?b668rdeggdl06z3
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Postby Sylon / Redshift » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Jamie, the customization map has a small bug - in the witch's dialogue the answers have wrong number. You can't have 0 (zero) number there, just 1-2-3-4.
Otherwise, it's a useful little map. : )
Sylon / Redshift

Postby Jamie990 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 am

Woops haha, checked everything but that for some reason, fixed and changed link above.
You have 20 save slots use them all. Save after every quest, save before going into a dungeon, save, save save!!
Jamie990

Return to Editor